Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini egg

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi Mini egg owners. I am thinking of getting a mimi for camping, is it worth it and can it get to high temps for T-REXing for steaks

Comments

• Chef Arnoldi
    Chef Arnoldi Posts: 974
    Options
    yes, its a great unit to take along and will grill 4 burgers, 6 large hot dogs, indirectly a small chicken, sear 2 steaks in no time (30 min diners)

i love mine
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Mike C.,
    I'm lucky enough to have one. Yes the mini is a great steak searing machine, super griller for chicken, pork, beef that needs a quick cook. Grills enough for two persons, in stages more. Also, its my favorite for baked 'taders (three big ones at a time).
    Clay

• Love Handles
    Love Handles Posts: 253
    Options
    Mike C.,
    I have a mini and a small, along with some larges too, but thats another issue. If you are motorhome or suv camping, a small works great and isn't to heavy. Theres a lot of accessories for the small and its better for longer cooks. If not, the mini is great too. It is a grilling machine for chops, burger, steaks or whatever, just remember its only about as big around as a paper plate. See-Yaa

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Mike C.,[p]Having both also...I'd still echo what LoveHandles said![p]I think the Small is the way to go...simply[p]because of it's bigger size, and versatility![p]Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • RJH
    RJH Posts: 129
    Options
    MiniTRex2-1.jpg
    <p />Mike C., yes you can. It is small, but it works great.[p]MiniTRex3-1.jpg