Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pasta and Veggies on the Egg

Options
Janet
Janet Posts: 102
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did something this evening that turned out pretty good (and reasonably healthy). Combined some sliced sweet peppers of various colors, zucchini, onions (sweet), garlic (lots), mushrooms, and cooked rotini and mixed all with a generous quantity of extra virgin olive oil. I let the mixture sit for awhile while ribs were finishing up on the egg. Then added the mix to hot grill topper, indirect. Let cook about 15 minutes. Stirred the mixture and cooked about 15 more minutes. After taking it off the egg, I tossed it with some parmesan. I was surprised by the pasta. It was terrific - had a great texture and a smoky flavor from the egg. Am going to do some more experiments with pasta! Any ideas from the group?

Comments

• Ksdaddio
    Ksdaddio Posts: 32
    Options
    Janet,
    I didn't see any onions. My wife and I added onions to the mix, broccoli, carrots and as you said, lots of garlic. It is great by itself, but thanks for the pasta idea. We'll try that too!