Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anybody got tips for increasing the # of Spare Ribs you can get on a Large Egg?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've got some guests coming over this aft. (More than expected) and am looking to get some more ribs into that egg! Anybody got any good ideas?[p]Thanks!

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    hamildave,[p] You can put them in a rack or you can roll them like a jelly roll and stand them on their ends.[p] How many extra rack we talking about? Unless you have linebackers coming as guest a rack is going to feed about 2.5 people.
  • Why1504
    Why1504 Posts: 277
    Options
    hamildave,[p]I have done 8-10 slabs at one time. no rib racks, just stand them up and lean them together. You will need to extend your cooking time by at least an hour as you will want to rotate the slabs from the inside to the outside every hour. For me this becomes 4 hours of smoke, 1 hour in a aluminum pan covered in foil with sauce/juice in the bottom to brase them, and 1-1.5 hours piled up on the gill brushed with sauce to set the sauce. If you have time and can serve progressively I would place some of the ribs in the oven on sheet pans so you can avoid piling them up and finish these on the egg for 10-15 minutes before serving. Good luck.
  • mikeb6109
    mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Options
    hamildave,
    rib rack then add one or 2 more accross.....
    mike
    102_1025.jpg

• hiloboy
    hiloboy Posts: 75
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    i cooked 6 racks last night on my large.rolling them like Wolf said works great..Wolf does a O lineman count ?it take about 2.5+ racks to feed the one that hangs out at my house...