Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need help with butt

Options
Smoking Jacket
Smoking Jacket Posts: 86
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
finishing an overnight with 3 boston butts...my wife picked up three butts yesterday and the only ones they had were a 4.5 lb, a 6 lb. and a 9lb. The smaller butt is sitting at 194 as I type....we are trying the feed a large group tonight. Do I wrap the butts as they come off the egg for an hour and then pull the meat refrigerate and then reheat tonight around six o'clock????? What do I do with these butts for the rest of the day...the 9 lb will be cooking a good bit longer.[p]thanks

Comments

• Why1504
    Why1504 Posts: 277
    Options
    Smoking Jacket,[p]If they have bones, pull on the bone and see if it is loose (it should be) Pull the butt, wrap in HD foil, place in a cooler. As the other 2 finish put them in cooler too. The first one will be fine there for a couple of hours just like that, to extend this preheat the cooler with hot water, and fill the rest of cooler with newspaper and hot towels out of the dryer, or add a heating pad on high to the cooler. Once you pull the last one off the grill I would go ahead and shred them, 2 serving forks make this go fast, be sure to toss any fat or other tissue out. I would then vacuum seal the pulled pork and place in the fridge (don't overfill the bags). You can reheat the pork in boiling water in the vacuum bags and it will be as good as if you just pulled the meat. Place in boiling water for about 15-20 minutes, open the bags and serve. I have done catering jobs like this. If you don't have a vacuum sealer place in a pan with some liquid, (apple juice, coke, etc. with some water and rub) put in the fridge and reheat in the oven. Good Luck.
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Smoking Jacket,
    It won't carry you through to six on the first one but look here for some ideas.
    http://www.nakedwhiz.com/coolerholding.htm[p]

• Smoking Jacket
    Options
    thanks for everyone's help...looking forward to a pig sandwich tonight.