Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoking ATB's

Why1504
Why1504 Posts: 277
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I plan to set up the egg for indirect and smoke 2 dozen ATB's for a party. Been a while since I cooked these like this any suggestions on temp and time? I will cook this afternoon and reheat when we arrive at the party this evening. THNANKS!!!

Comments

• BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    why1504,
    Actually, I prefer to cook direct, on a raised grid. I cook around 350 and leave them on for about 30 min, with one turn, to get nice crisp bacon.

• Why1504
    Why1504 Posts: 277
    BobS,[p]Yea, this is my normal way to prep these, but I will be carrying them to a party so I will cool them down and finish either in the oven, or on his grill. I have cooked them low and slow before, the bacon gets extra smoky and crispy, and the cheese picks up some real nice smoke flavor. I also put some extra sharp cheddar in with the cream cheese. I just can't remember how long I cooked them. As I recall I cooked them for about 2.5 hours @ 225. I will go with this and watch them.
  • why1504,[p]I cooked indirect, 350..45minutes to 1 hour..less if you like he pepper crunchy. No need to turn...bacon crisp!