Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2" T-bones

Beast
Beast Posts: 78
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello all,
i just bought TWO 2" thick T-Bones and i would like your valued input on the best method to do these monsters on the BGE Large if anyone has mastered this feat please advise they are thawing in the fridge as we speak i'm looking to grill them by thursday my mouth is watering just thinking about them thanks all for all the great help & guideance

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Beast,[p] T-Bones are terrible on a BGE.. Best send them too me, so I can properly dispose of them..[p]Two methods come to mind. T-Rex and Hot tubbin' or a little of both.[p]Rub them up with a little EVOO, and some good steak rub like Dizzy Pig's Raising the Steaks..[p]TREX
    Get that large fired up to 600-700 degs. Lay that steak on the grill for 90 secs and flip it. Lay it back on the grill for another 90 seconds. Set the meat covered someplace safe. Shut the vents down and let it cool to 400. Put the meat back in and let it roast till 130 internal. Take it out and let it rest for a few. Enjoy[p]Hot Tubbin.
    Put dem dar steaks in a zip lock bag and lay them in a pan full of hot tap water. Get your egg fired up and follow the steps above.. Take less time to roast them..[p]

• 9dec06_1-006.jpg
    <p />Beast,
    here is the sear of the trex method...[p]can you taste it yet?

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    How was those eyebrows after that? LOL
    Talked to dhuffjr the other day for awhile. Let's get Ohio going.[p]Mike

• Car Wash Mike,
    talk about eyebrows... when you dump 2 ounces of 151 into the egg on the bananas foster, STAND BACK! heheh[p]i'm meeting dhuffjr on thursday... if you don't hear from me by saturday, call the cops.[p]i'm tradin him horseradish for sauce. i guess i best get to makin the horseradish![p]every weekend is an eggfest at my house... come on down!

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    I know he is looking forward to it.
    Every weekend? Slacker. LOL[p]Don't think I can make it this year. Keep me informed though. Sounds like a real good time. [p]Mike

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    size2.jpg
    <p />Beast,
    You can see how these were done in the cooks section of my website..."honkin porterhouse"[p]Wess

[ul][li]WessB`s[/ul]
  • Beast
    Beast Posts: 78
    WessB,[p]Did you keep the lid open for the entire cook or did you open & close the lid i can't wait to try these monsters...... thanks Beast
  • WessB
    Beast,
    Lid closed...I honestly don`t think I have EVER cooked anything with the dome open.[p]Wess

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    WessB,[p]What about arm hairs? I've cooked a lot of those with the dome open.
  • WessB
    TRex,
    Yeah...you got me there..and an occasional eyebrow..LOL[p]Wess

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    No worries.....I have a wimpy Kitchen Aide meat grinder...... :>)

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Car Wash Mike,
    I was hoping my NC connection would bring me some more shrimp up........no such luck. Gonna have to hit the stores and then try some of Ricks homemade cocktail sauce recipe.........maybe some prime rib too. I love straight horse raddish with beef.