Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs - How to...

Beachbum
Beachbum Posts: 61
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We are going to try our first rib cook... babybacks. Need some help on how to do this. I am too lazy to go in the archives to find out![p]Do you marinade them? Indirect? Direct? Platesetter? Temp? How long?[p]If anyone could send me a link on how to or post it, I'd appreciate it![p]Thanks,
Lisa

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Beachbum,[p]The very helpful Mr. WessB has a good method posted at:[p]www.wessb.com/Cooks/foilribs/FoiledRibs.htm[p]happy good ribs,
    gdenby

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Beachbum,
    Try NakedWhiz, WessB, Thirdeye,or DizzyPig sites. I smoke indirect with a platesetter and drip pan. I smoke at 240/250 for 5 to 6 hours. Good luck, Tom BabybackcookMarch3.jpg BabybackcookMarch4.jpg

• mimbler
    mimbler Posts: 6
    BajaTom, Do both levels get to the same level of "doneness"? That looks like a better way to cook several slabs, than the rib rack I'm using where it is difficult to get them all to fit. Is the 250/240 dome or grid temperature?
    thanks, Mike
  • KevinH
    KevinH Posts: 165
    Bajatom,[p]Is that light brown sugar coating the ribs? Any other ingredients? I'm not familiar with that method.[p]Thanks!
  • BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Babybackcook3.jpg
    <p />KevinH,
    I use a rub mixed with brown sugar. The brown sugar melts into the ribs to form a sweet, spicy crust. I use other methods as well. Thanks, Tom

• Beachbum
    Beachbum Posts: 61
    Thanks for the help... we'll try them tomorrow!
  • mimbler
    mimbler Posts: 6
    Bajatom, I think you missed my questions above:

"BajaTom, Do both levels get to the same level of "doneness"? That looks like a better way to cook several slabs, than the rib rack I'm using where it is difficult to get them all to fit. Is the 250/240 dome or grid temperature?
    thanks, Mike "

I'm interested in your method,
    thanks, Mike