Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Summer sausage

Options
AZRP
AZRP Posts: 10,116
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm smoking a homemade summer sausage today. It is 3 lbs and barely fit in the large. -RP[p]IMG_0156Small.jpg[p]
IMG_0157Small.jpg

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    AZRP,[p]OK, something else to go on the list to try on the Egg. Looks umm umm good.

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    AZRP,[p]Did you wet your string and throw an eagle scout knot on those?[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • AZRP
    Options
    thirdeye,
    Fortunately for me, the casings in the Hi Mountain kit come already tied on one end. I had to pull a handful of meat out of the casing to get a knot on it. I'm not much good with knots. -RP

• AZRP
    Options
    BBQsmoker,
    I'll let you know later on today after it cools. -RP

• badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Options
    Morning AZRP,
    Have you got a recipe for that.
    This mornings sausage making, chorzio & sweet fennel for a 10 lb total.
    I'm set for the month.
    Cheers & Thanks,
    bruce

• AZRP
    Options
    badbruce,
    I've gotten away from using recipes since Thirdeye introduced me to the Hi Mountain products. I've done several batches of Italian sausage and bratwurst, and they taste better than any I've made from scratch in the past. Also I get lazier with age. -RP

[ul][li]Hi Mountain[/ul]
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    AZRP,
    Try this
    Per pound of ground pork:
    2 tbsp Raging River
    1/4 cup maple syrup (or maple sugar)[p]Sausage ala Nature Boy from the 2005 Eggtoberfest.[p]H

• Eggcitable Boy
    Options
    AZRP,[p]Just wondering if you have tried or used their Alaskan Salmon Brine mix? I have about 6 pounds of frozen Copper River Salmon filets from last July which I sealed and froze, and want to smoke it up before this years Copper River comes into season. It looks like they have a wide range of quality products, thanks for the link to the site........Eggcitable Boy

• AZRP
    Options
    Eggcitable Boy,
    Haven't tried it, but so far I've liked all of their products with the exception of the cajun flavored jerky mix, and I just didn't care for the flavor. -RP