Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Life is Good!

Options
Gfw
Gfw Posts: 1,598
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
IMG_0490.JPG
<p />I spent the day moving about 9 yards of bark mulch to various flower gardens and making some great baby backs! [p]The ribs in the picture were marinated for about 14 hours using 1/2 cup Soy Sauce, 1/4 cup Worchester Sauce, 1/4 Maple Syrup and 1.5 tablespoons of Szechwan sauce. Only other ingredients were back and red pepper. Cooked for 5 hours at 225 degrees – turned three times. Since there ribs were pretty lean, no foil was used.[p]Doesn’t make any difference how they are made, great ribs is just another way of saying the "Life is Good". [p]After reading a few of the posts below, I figured it was time for a post and yes, I still use my BGE at least 5 times each week and while I don't post as often, I still follow a lot of the posts as time permits. [p]Have a great evening! :~}

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Gfw,
    Yer gettin' purty good at this. Those are some mighty fine lookin' specimens.
    Life is good indeed. Ribs tomorrow in this house if I can help it!![p]How was the flavor of your marinade, and how long did you marinate?[p]Nice to hear your keystrokes again!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    IMG_0487.JPG
    <p />Nature Boy, marinate time about 14 hours - good flavor - I was also going to add a little A-1, but didn't have any in the house. The maple syrup causes the black color even when cooked indirect. They could have probably been pulled off the BGE at about 4 to 4.5 hours![p]The picture has nothing to do with cooking. The baby squirrel has been cleaning my bird feeders about every other day. They are so clever and persistent, even the little ones! [p]
  • Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    Gordon,[p]From the looks of those ribs...Life is too good :~) Don't stay away so long, some of us miss your posts.[p]I tried your memphis style 3/1/1.5 method over the week-end and it went over big on the home front. I've been using the rub fo a couple of months now but this was my first crack at the 3/1/1.5 method...turned out great. Thanks for always sharing with us through your site.[p]Bob

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Gfw,
    Relentless those little bushy tailed critters. We are dealing with our first major veggie garden this year. Critters sure do like what we have going! We have fenced out the rabbits and deer, but now the birds eat the strawberries! Expect the little squirrelly guys to go for my corn when it is ripe.[p]I need to try maple syrup on ribs.. Earl brought me down some real stuff when he visited.[p]Cheers! And thaks for the pics!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Gfw,[p]Clever, yes. Persistent? Sure. But you know why you're guaranteed victory? Opposable thumbs, my friend! Life is good, but it's even better with opposable thumbs![p]Haven't you missed this witty banter???[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    Options
    Gfw,Nice to see you posting them pics again, they look schweeeeet, as always...[p]Mop!

• char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Options
    Gfw,[p]Good to have you back, GFW. Love the pics.
  • JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    Gfw,
    A good pellet gun comes in mighty handy against those critters in Satan's Secret Army.
    JimW