Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

my second tri-tip (and other special guests) - lots of pics

Options
TRex
TRex Posts: 2,714
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
5-12-tritip1-web.jpg
<p />Max and I were on the same cosmic wavelength tonight. TRex Sr. and I cooked up a nice 2.5 pounder.[p]But first, thanks to Rick's inspiration, a little shrimp for an appetizer:[p]5-12-shrimp1-web.jpg[p]Marinated these for about an hour in an olive oil & garlic mixture. Theys wuz gooood.[p]5-12-shrimp2-web.jpg[p]And now, the main course. We used Morrow Bay Rich's Santa Maria style rub.[p]First, a nice sear.[p]5-12-tritip2-web.jpg[p]5-12-tritip3-web.jpg[p]After a 20-minute rest, roasted this puppy at around 375-400 for about 35 minutes to get to 125 internal. Basted a few times with a mixture of olive oil and red wine vinegar, per Morrow Bay Rich's recipe.[p]Rested in foil for 10 minutes and then sliced and served. Was a nice "chewy tender," just as Max described, and Rich's rub and basting sauce gave it a pleasing kick. Oh, and juuuuuicy![p]5-12-tritip4-web.jpg[p]And why waste extra heat? Make grilled bananas![p]5-12-bananas1-web.jpg[p]Didn't have any icecream, so whipped cream had to suffice.[p]5-12-bananas2-web.jpg[p]Cheers everyone! Tomorrow: wings.[p]TRex

Comments