Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

snapper

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anybody have any suggestions on what is the best way to cook snapper in the BGE.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    bama23,
    Is it for tonight? Is it too late??[p]What do you have? Filets? Whole fish?[p]Filets do nicely direct at 400-450. flip once after 4-5 minutes, and cook til it just starts to flake. A paste made from mustard, lime juice, peanut oil, your favorite spices and slathered on works wonders. Or just simple olive oil, salt pepper...or lawreys. Whole fish i like to cook lower, or indirect.[p]Hope we are not to late.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Do you have any eggsperience cooking with white miso? I want to try Grilled Sea Bass with Miso-Mustard sauce, but I've never used the stuff. It's supposed to be a Japanese product made from fermented soybean paste. I know...sounds just wonderful...but the picture looks soooooooo good!
    bd

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    bdavidson,
    I have not cooked with miso, but we enjoy miso soup. I would bet the fish recipe is very good. Fermented products are not for the food-finicky, but can make a special addition to a meal. You might find it is the best thing you have ever had. We use fermented black beans fairly often in stir-fries. [p]Please let us know how it turns out.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    I'll try hunting some miso down locally and give the fish a try. If it's good I'll send you the recipe.