Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help with bean recipe..

TheGrillisGone
TheGrillisGone Posts: 133
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have found so many good recipes on this and other egger sites. Thanks to all the help you give us newbies. Got my large last Nov.[p]I haven't run across quite what I am looking for... a good dry bean Texas style recipe to go with a brisket. [p]Had some good beans at the County Line in Austin years back if that helps narrow the choices.[p]Jim

Comments

• Nancy
    Nancy Posts: 24
    TheGrillisGone,
    I'm going to try this recipe myself on Saturday. I saw them make them on BBQ University in Season 3, the show was number 305 "Texas and Oklahoma"[p]Click on the link below for the recipe. They sure looked great!

[ul][li]Best Barbecued Beans on the Planet[/ul]
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    d02b78ed.jpg
    <p />TheGrillisGone,[p]Heck yeah pardner, we can set you up. Click the link below and look in the SIDE DISH section of my recipes. These are pinto beans from scratch. They go great with brisket. [p]I also have a quick version using c...ca...can....canned beans. They are jazzed up Ranch Style Beans, which were born in Texas. Just like me. Heheee. I ate them when I was a little boy and still enjoy them today. They work in a pinch. [p]~thirdeye~

[ul][li]Click Here[/ul]
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • thirdeye
    PS - The epazote is a Mexican herb (not that kind) and is hard to come by, it adds a very regional flavor. Don't sweat it if you can't find any. You may be sweating from the beans anyways.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    beans2.jpg
    <p />TheGrillisGone,
    My first post didn't get threw. My beans are sticky like my ribs. Not dry. [p]Mike

• thirdeye,
    Thanks thirdeye I have been to your site. Not sure how I missed the beans. Your site convinced me to do the whole brisket to get the burnt ends. I have alway just cooked a flat. Pinto beans will be a go even though your Ranch beans look great too. Cooking for family Memorial week-end.

• Nancy,
    Thanks they do sound good and will add to my long list to try. Post and let me know how they turned out.[p]

• Car Wash Mike,
    Looks good...how about a recipe? I see in your profile you have a mini. Giving one to my wife for Mother's day. (ok,ok..been married 32 yrs...she will know its a new toy for me too.) I could sure use some tips on how best to set up on different cooks.[p]Thanks!

• thirdeye
    TheGrillisGone,[p]Well that will give you some time to smoke some hocks to go in the beans. (they freeze well) Leftover brisket works too. Pulled pork is nice in there, but does not give up as smokey of a flavor as beans need.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~