Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What.....A ........Fest

Options
WessB
WessB Posts: 6,937
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Great big Thanks to Dale and Rona once again...the fest was awesome.....a pretty steady rain set in around 1:30 or 2 combined with a calm but constant breeze that just made it feel plain ass COLD.....It may have have run a few off but when I rang the dinner bell for our ribs at around 3:30 or 4 ....people came out of the woodwork...LOL....the afterparty was in question as everyone wanted a hot shower......trust me.....the afterparty was as big as ever if not bigger...we met a lot of new people and got to spend time with cherished old friends as well...all in all an absolute wonderful time...the rain be damned...would like to extend a personal Thanks to Lo N Slo Joe...who stoppped by and dropped off a gift and then was gone before I could even offer them some food....Preciate it brother...Sally and I had the pleasure of the fest itself but also got to share it with a good half dozen of our close boating friends......I believe we actually sold 5 eggs at this fest...mother nature could not hold us down.......and BoobyQ....I did make it past midnight..LOL...we need to talk.....Webpage will follow soon...just trying to get over "pouring" ourselves back in to reality at this point......To all involved.....Thank you, thank you, thank you....cant wait for the next one....Hope all our friends had a safe trip home.....tired and admittedly WHOOPED.......to be continued..[p]Wess & Sally

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    WessB,[p]Totally agree. I am moving very slowly today. I stayed up until ???am.[p]The fest was great fun as always. A little wet and cold, but an excellent time. And the after party was great, too. I think that's gotten as big as the early Eggfests were.[p]I'll likely post some more thoughts shortly. Brain not working too well at the moment :)[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• hayhonker
    hayhonker Posts: 576
    Options
    WessB,
    I will whole heartedly second that thanks. Dale and Rona sure got it done this year.
    The rain was a surprise for sure but those who were prepared (not me) made the most of it and kept churning out great eats.
    The crowd was large and once again, everyone there added a little something to the event. A joke, a smile, a tip, handshake, hug, kiss, stories told and stories made. Gotta love it.[p]yep.WHOOPED.

• WessB
    Options
    WessB,
    Sally just pointed out my TYPO.....Bobby.... I swear that was a typo...and i even proof read it before I posted....It may have made a funny joke...but I seriously did make a typo.....[p]Wess

• Unknown
    Options
    WessB,
    My thoughts on our 2nd Eggfest this year.....WOW!!! On being the non-cooker---non-egghead...it was great to get acquainted with more people that I see posting on this forum. I'm beginning to feel a part of this special family. A job well done on everyone's part. Sally...I didn't mean to take away your name tag job at the Meet and Greet. Wess.....I can honestly say..well, interesting conversation in the warehouse. haha.
    See you for sure in Atlanta.....maybe I can get Randy to cook. Or hey....I've got enough secrets up my sleeve....maybe I will.
    Thanks again..
    Kim (Mrs AZRP)

• BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    WessB,
    I am the round, red headed guy that talked to you on Saturday afternoon in the rain and asked about Mr. Toad.[p]It was a pleasure. The ribs had not come off when we talked, but you had just put some sauce on them, the meat was pretty well pulled back and you have no idea how much I wanted one!!![p]It was a pleasure to meet you and others, even if the weather was crappy. I have to plan to spend more time next year.[p]Are the tents and tables yours or are they provided?

• Smokey One
    Smokey One Posts: 17
    Options
    WessB,[p]Man what a time! [p]The rain just seemed to add to the after party. I think there was as much food made during the after party, but a heck of a lot more in the way of adult beverages were consumed. [p]Dale and Rona really are deserving of a great deal of praise, but there are so many others who were instrumental in creating a great time. [p]Enough sucking-up ... thanks again![p]Smokey One
  • Retired RailRoader
    Options
    WessB,
    I have to agree Wess. It was a true pleasure meeting you and Sally. I tip my hat to Da Mayor.

Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    WessB,[p]I think you may have been subconsciously thinking of the Hooters girls when you made that post :)[p]I'm tearing into that jerky again. Let's see how long it lasts. Thanks again!
    Cornfed

• WessB
    Options
    MrsAZRP,
    My apoligies my dear...sometimes when you feel comfortable and relaxed amongst friends you tend to speak a little more freely than one sometimes should..when we meet again, you got a crown and coke on me.....and it was a pleasure to finally met you two....[p]Wess

• Haggis
    Haggis Posts: 998
    Options
    Cornfed,[p]Hmmmm . . . did anyone even notice them this year? Last I saw them, they were all in nice orange exercise gear - long pants and jackets. Not like last year when things were a bit warmer and they could get Max's attention . . .
  • Unknown
    Options
    WessB,
    It was nice to meet you all at the eggfest. Being my first eggfest I was a little dubious how things would turn out but everyone was very friendly and it was nice to be around other eggheads. THanks everybody for making it such a great eggsperience, Pdub[p]

• Unknown
    Options
    WessB,[p] WOW is an understatement [p]I am home, but trying to recover..
  • BBQ Bob Trudnak
    Options
    WessB,
    I still have a buzz!!!!!!!!!!!![p]Thanks to Dale, Rona, Tim, Josh, Shannon, Crystal, Naomi and all who made that amazing fest happen. [p]I will never forget that one![p]Bob

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    WessB,[p]yeah, yeah, Freudian slip if you ask me. Heeee.[p]I'm glad you had a blast!

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    WessB,
    Don't worry about it Wess, if you recall, you just wanted to get warm, I brought the dark side to the conversation. I can't help it because Kim's dad trained me. -RP

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Haggis,
    what hooters girls???. .. those two in the long pants and jackets were obviously imposters . ..

• Saucy Sue
    Saucy Sue Posts: 79
    Options
    WessB, I miss you guys already!! Sure had a bunch of fun. Lets also thank Nature Boy and Woodoggies for cleaning up after the after party!!