Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza cooking temp and length of time???

Options
Smokin Joe
Smokin Joe Posts: 441
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am about to cook a Papa Murphy's tossed crust pizza in my BGE and realized I don't know what temp to bring BGE up to and then how long do I cook it?[p]Help appreciated[p]Joe

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    Smokin Joe,
    since that's a commercial product follow their recommended time and temp.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Smokin Joe,
    Well, Well, Well... He comes out of the shadows to the amazement of the "Where's Smoking Joe Fan Club," if only to ask for advice. Happy to hear that you are still among the living.[p]Is the pizza pre-cooked? If not, follow RRP's advice but I suggest you add a few minutes to it if the center is not done. My experience is if the cheese and stuff on top doesn't look done, the crust under it won't be either.[p]If it is pre-cooked, just follow the warming instructions.[p]I just had a Zio's pizza for dinner. Good. Now I'm full and still have to pack.[p]Happy to hear from you. We talked about you at the Texas Eggfest...[p]Spring "One Inch Short Of A Full Yard" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    Smokin Joe,
    Well, Well, Well... He comes out of the shadows to the amazement of the "Where's Smoking Joe Fan Club," if only to ask for advice. Happy to hear that you are still among the living.[p]Is the pizza pre-cooked? If not, follow RRP's advice but I suggest you add a few minutes to it if the center is not done. My experience is if the cheese and stuff on top doesn't look done, the crust under it won't be either.[p]If it is pre-cooked, just follow the warming instructions.[p]I just had a Zio's pizza for dinner. Good. Now I'm full and still have to pack.[p]Happy to hear from you. We talked about you at the Texas Eggfest...[p]Spring "One Inch Short Of A Full Yard" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    OOOOOPS!!! In my haste to say hi I got you mixed up with another "Smok'n ...." He is Smok'n Todd and a heck of a nice guy. I'm sure you are too but there's a few miles between where you are and where he is, not to mention different last names.[p]Sorry about that.[p]Spring "My Brain Is Outrunning My Think'n" Chicken

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    Double Oooooops. See my post below.[p]Spring "Small Brain Phart" Chicken
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    It is happy hour, but I'm not that happy to see so many posts. LOL[p]Have great time my friend. Hope to you and Hen sometime soon.[p]Mike

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    Car Wash Mike ,
    I never mkae missnakes and oil of a sidden I yam mak'n 'em fasster'n I kin coun.t Muss bee Waldorff in th' aire. Ethver dat or I'm sober. It be's oka tho 'cause I got all day Satiddy to unwend, an I gots all dae Sober to Sunday up in.[p]See you on the udder side.[p]Spring "Suitcase Is Loaded 'n I'm Not" Chicken

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Leroy,
    One way or another. You make my day every day.[p]Mike

• Unknown
    Options
    Smokin Joe,We buy our dough at Publics here in Sarasota, Fl. and add sausage, peppronie,garlic,onion,and what ever to it. We use a plate setter legs down and a BGE pizza stone. Get the egg up to 530 with the plate and stone in it. Sprinkle corn meal on the stone and put the pizza on it. The pizza will be done in 8-10.