Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

CocaCola Skirt Steak

Options
Bobby Que
Bobby Que Posts: 50
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
View?u=1317113&a=9783604&p=49866280&Sequence=0&res=high
<p />I ran into a hunk of premium skirt steak at my local Publix yesterday. It weighed in at 2.5#. I'd like to share a photo and recipe on this cook with you.[p]It sat in a marinade for 4 hours made with 2 tablespoons of Bada fajita powder, 3 tablespoons of Key West lime juice, 1 tablespoon of black bead molassas, and about 8 ounces of CocaCola. The last two ingredients add a little surface sugar which helps give a crust to meat cooked rapidly and at high heat. The coke adds a unique flavor to the meat. No telling what else it does. [p]I seared them for 4.5 minutes on each side with a starting temp of 700 degrees. Ended up with a nice charred crust, and rare inside. Yuuumy!! Some unexpected guests showed up just as we started eating, and they were amazed at the Egg's results.

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Bobby Que,
    Gorgeous. Righteous, from the meat to the salad, all the way down to the nicely backlit well composed photo. And a recipe to boot.[p]My printer is firing up now.
    Nice work!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Palisin
    Palisin Posts: 64
    Options
    Bobby Que,
    Excellent I often use Coca-Cola in my recipes and this one loks good Will have to tryit. I particualry enjoy using it in my BBQ sauce. It provides a great flavor and tenderizes as well.

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Bobby Que,
    That is about the biggest Skirt Steak that I have seen. The results look awesome and I am printing out the recipe as well.[p]As funny side note, I was at a Wild Oats Market on Sunday to try their charcoal. At the meat counter, next to the $4.50/lb Flank Steak was a Fajita Steak (aka skirt steak). It was priced at an amazing $6.50/lb. Normal pricing is $2.50/lb.[p]Skirt Steak Rules!
    RhumAndJerk[p]

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Bobby Que,[p]That picture brings a tear of joy to my eye! Awesome job.[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Bobby Que,
    looks great! Only next time provide a picture with one cut so we can see the inside....IF you can wait that long!
    ST