Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Buffalo Stampede Cookoff & Hi I Que Team

Options
Earl
Earl Posts: 468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
groupphoto.JPG
<p /> Well, the Canadian team entered our first cookoff & we had one heck of a great time. From left to right,
G.J(Graham)-Me(Earl)-Mike(BBQfan1)-Sputnik(Reg)-Mop(Roger)
We cooked up brisket, pulled pork & a pineapple upside cake. James & the DaMayor from Waldorf.MD help with the cake info,thanks very much.[p]Earl

Comments

• Earl
    Options
    pinapple-cake.JPG
    <p />Earl,
    Can't forget the cake, still to hot so it fell apart on me.[p] Earl

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Earl,
    I would have called this team the "B-52's"...if ya know what I mean :)
    Hey, this is a great photo! Looks like you men had a blast. Wish I could have been there.
    ST

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    b_52.jpg
    <p />Earl,
    this is whats' comin at ya BBQin' Canadians....out of envy of course :)

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Earl,[p]Man, sounds awesome! You guys have to work out all the kinks so someday you can teach them to some Jersey boys so ST and I can start up a Q'in team![p]How'd you do? Remember, as a wise man (Homer Simpson) once said - "It's not about whether you win or lose. It's about how drunk you get." Hopefully, you were all winners![p]Later,
    Cornfed

• Mop
    Mop Posts: 496
    Options
    Smokin' Todd, nice pic bud, ....we had a friggin blast...
    That Earl just kept that egg chugging from early friday to late Saturday.......was a good time and the Egg did a great job being it`s solid consistant self in keeping temps predictable............what a blast!!!!!!!![p]Mop!

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Earl, that is a solid handle for a Team. "Hi I Q". Thats great...!
    BTW..that guy in the middle..he standing on a box" And the one on the right has a real grip on the situation.
    Thanks for the photo..!
    Cheers upon ya all..
    C~W[p]

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Earl,[p]A Canadian BBQ cooking team? What will they think of next. Just kidding guys and what a great handle! Those look like full size beers you're drinking. Did you smuggle them in from the States? hehehe[p]K~G

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Earl,
    Cool! What a great time. How did you guys do?
    If you had a great time (like it sounds), and drank plenty of beer (like it sounds), it was a success. I bet you dudes churned out some serious grub. I wouldn't be suprised if you placed in at least a couple categories![p]Nice picture. Qfan should've stood tn the front.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Earl,[p]Good picture -- I like the small name tags
    ehhhh? [p]Tim
  • BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Options
    KennyG, We loaded up a case of Maximum Ice, 7.1%, just for our American friends, and it turned out be a tough sell!! The metal boys just not into the heavy duty stuff like their ceramic brethren. Just like an Eggfest or Eggtoberfest, we met some great folks and learned a great deal in a short timespan. It was a hoot and an education, all at the same time. While we had some aspirations, reality took over when we realized we were among a crowd with some serious titles under their belt (and some had the living proof of a life of barbecue hanging over their belt as well!). We received honourable mention in 3 of the 4 main KCBS categories (ribs, pulled pork and brisket), and the fourth (chicken) we went out on a bit of a limb and it just didn't work out for us. In a nutshell, great time, great learning experience, and we will be back in '02 to try and improve on our top ten finish of this year!
    Qfan/Hi! I Que! BBQ Team
    ps--We probably had as many people around us ooohing and awwwwing over the Egg as the big boys did their jumbo jet sized smokers. If I had a dime for every time someone said, "I heard of these things, but this is the first I've seen! Tell me about it!", well, we just mighta covered our costs for the weekend! To all close to the border, we are in Paris, Ontario this weekend for a whole hog competition. Egg won't be tackling the 100 lb pig, but ribs are also on the roster, so it'll probably be puffing away too and there's a pretty good chance there'll be some malted beverages on ice!

• SLOPPY PIG
    SLOPPY PIG Posts: 33
    Options
    Earl,Welcome to the competition.I thinks the event was KCBS,
    am I correct? It's great fun.Tell me,did you do the cake on the egg? Can I get the recipe? Let Barb know that Pam and Dave in Alabama said hello.
    Thanks

• GJ
    GJ Posts: 45
    Options
    SloppyPig, Earl sure did them on the Egg and while we missed the deadline by 15 minutes I was slighty happy, actually quite happy that we missed as we just had to heat it. It was one DELICIOUS cake. And it was so simple I think I would even attempt it.[p]Thanks Earl for opening my eyes to the versatility of the Egg...GJ

• SLOPPY PIG
    SLOPPY PIG Posts: 33
    Options
    GJ,They are great cookers.I use them in KCBS and MIM contest.The other teams cant believe the length of cook that I get from small amounts of fuel.I must say I am now the proud owner of 8 EGGS and working on an even dozen.[p]
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    GJ,
    Nice to see you post. Graham, eh?
    Stop back often!
    A year or 3 for me, when the twins get a bit older, I might just be looking into doing some competing. Looks like a whole bunch of fun. From the pics, and judging from the folks in the group that I know, it is a good team.
    cheers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Earl
    Options
    SloppyPig,
    Its' good to hear from you again. You & Pam have been away to long, so get back here. Yes the cake was cooked on the egg, but I had to cook two, first was too hot & second was to late to turn in. So we ate it real quick & it was darn good. Will get James to post recipe, if not, then after giving him heck, will e-mail it to you.
    Hi Pam.
    Earl