Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last week's Pastrami

Options
BabyBoomBBQ
BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Forgot to get this off the camera until now. I used thirdeye's recipe as a guide except the rub. I sort of threw some Raising the steaks, pepper and a couple of dried herbs together. Turned out great, but I'll soak for another 12 hours next time. I found it a little salty. I guess you need a slicer for this as I had a hard time getting thin slices without one. [p]How long will this keep? I made it last Wed. Thanks in advance.[p]2007-4-18-pastrami-2.jpg

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    BabyBoomBBQ,
    a slicer is one of the best things ive bought since getting the egg. pastrami, roast beef, ham plus jerkey, terryaki steaks etc. i lean more towards a garlic and pepper for a rub, maybe some onion powder and paprika, but mostly pepper and garlic. that raising the steaks has salt, salt isnt to good to add to a corned beef even when soaked properly. is that the point section, ive never cooked the point of coened beef.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • BabyBoomBBQ
    BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
    Options
    fishlessman,[p]No, it's a flat. The brand was Bill Bailey from Costco. I did see some of what were clearly points in the display that were labeled flats however. It was actually a uniform thickness of 2" to 2.5".[p]Re RTS, I realized too late it was a mistake. I'll blame it on uncle Jack who had clouded my judgment. ;-)