Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

has anyone seen...?

Charla
Charla Posts: 9
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey All..
I was at my local outdoor kitchen establishment and came across a BGE chimenea...Has anyone seen this yet? What a nice way to keep the late night chill off..Have a great week-end everybody..Charla

Comments

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Charla, we have had one for quite some time. Unlike other clay chimineas, this one can withstand very high temps & does not need a layer of sand in the bottom. The chimney can be removed and a grill can be placed over the top opening for grilling over the wood fire. The mini grill grid is a perfect fit... JCA

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Charla,[p]Don't have one, but here's a pic of one:[p]bgechimineagreen.jpg[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• Fireball
    Fireball Posts: 354
    Charla,
    I have one and suggest that it is something you need to have a complete set of BGE's. I am still working on the complete set ( 1 large, 1 medium, 1 small, 1 mini, and 1 chimenea). Two more to go.
    Fireball

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Fireball, they ought to at least give you a discount on a complete set.
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Cornfed,
    Nice quality on the picture. Looks like it was faxed. Then colorized in photoshop. The resampled 11 times. Scanned. Then printed out on an inkjet printer, and then color copied and then scanned.[p]Sorry. Being a smartass.....where did you get that picture?
    Great weekend to ya!!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Cornfed
    Nature Boy,[p]Man, you try and do something nice...[p]Just kidding. The picture is apparently from http://www.elconw.com/. I saw someone post a question about the chiminea so I did what I do most times when someone asks a question for which I don't have an answer - went to google and typed "bge chiminea" and this was the first or second link. In retrospect, though, I should have spent a few more minutes and provided the picture below, which is taken from Bill Miller's setup shown in his profile.[p]Happy weekend to you! I'll be in Columbia, MD tomorrow for a cousin's graduation party (going to be catered so no food from the BGE). If I was going to stay over, I'd ask if you wanted to hang out tomorrow night or Sunday. Unfortunately, I'm leaving after the party. This summer, however, I'll be in the DC area a bunch of times visiting my brother who's interning in DC. We should definitely get together.[p]WebmasterSetup.jpg[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Cornfed,
    Thanks for the pic. That is my dear friends set up. I miss him dearly, he was like a brother to me.

• Cornfed
    JJ,[p]While I never met him in person, we exchanged emails several times and he was always very personable and helpful. Also, I can tell he was a great person simply by the fact that everyone I know who met him held him in such high regard. I miss him, as well.[p]Have a great weekend,
    Cornfed

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Cornfed,
    You were indeed blessed by having the pleasure of comuicating with him via e-mail.