Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jalepenos

Options
MickeyT
MickeyT Posts: 607
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
You guys and gals may want to try these. Yummy!!!!!!!
[ul][li]Stuffe jalepenos[/ul]

Comments

• Big Murth
    Big Murth Posts: 350
    Options
    MickeyT.,
    What is Chilulu sauce? And here I am in the middle of New Mexico, and we see adobo sauce, and chipotles in adobo, but where/what is adobo seasoning? Thanks from someone who should know this stuff, I guess!

• Unknown
    Options
    Big Murth,[p]Glad I ain't the only one Big Murth! I'm from West Texas and guess I should know too, but don't. Maybe we both need to run down to Hatch and see what's up.

• MickeyT
    Options
    Big Murth,[p]The recipe doesn't HAVE to include Chilulu sauce but it is a sauce I like so I just put it in. You could substitute any of your favorite hot sauces for the Chilulu. I just like it because it doesn't have as much heat as alot of other sauces do. Beleive me, the jalepenos in this recipe won't rquire much more heat. :>)[p]I am not really familiar with the adobo seasoning, only that I picked some up at a local Mexican store close to home and found it quite good. Can't tell you much more than that. It may not be called "seasoning". Sorry![p]This recipe is very forgiving. I wouldn't hunt down either one of those to make this recipe. They're gonna be good with what ever you all use.[p]Mick

• JR
    JR Posts: 31
    Options
    MickeyT.,[p]Here's a real simple jalepeno recipe:[p]Smoked Jalepeno Poppers
     Slice Jalepeno and remove seeds with small teaspoon
     Stuff with Cream Cheese
     Wrap with bacon / stick toothpicks in it
     Roast/smoke for 1-2 hours at 250 degrees[p][p]

• Unknown
    Options
    Big Murth,[p]Adobo is labeled as an all purpose seasoning. It's a blend of salt, cumin, garlic, blackpepper, oregano and turmeric. I've been using Goya brand for years. In Atlanta it's available at all the big name grocery stores. Shake it on chicken, beef or pork then egg as usual. It's a nice seasoning in that it doesn't cover up the meat flavor, but enhances it. I always have some in the pantry and it's one of my most frequently used seasonings.[p]Happy Egging![p]OctoberGlory[p]
  • MickeyT
    Options
    JR,[p]I'm there JR.........

• MickeyT
    Options
    OctoberGlory,[p]I knew there would be someone out there that knew.[p][p]Cool handle.[p]
  • SpiceCooks
    SpiceCooks Posts: 80
    Options
    MickeyT.,
    What is Chilulu Sauce? I recognize all of the other ingredients. Sounds like an interesting recipe.