Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping TRex - What's it Like?

Options
BBQBluesStringer
BBQBluesStringer Posts: 398
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What's it like to be an Internet legend and have a whole Internet community look up to you? I can't count the times I've refered to TRexing a steak and had to explain it to the uninitiated. Have you googled yourself lately? You are an Internet celebrity!

Comments

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    BBQBluesStringer,[p]I am quite humbled, actually. I was just sharing some success that I had one day like all of you other fine folks do and I guess it just kind of caught on as a method people liked - next thing I knew I was writing it up for the Whiz's website. I have to give credit, though, to my good friend and chef David Welch back in Houston who first taught me how to take care of a good steak, advice which I later integrated into what has become known as the "TRex method." In fact, nothing that I have done well on the Egg has come without some very sound advice from some really good people, most importantly the folks here on this forum. I'm sure I would list nearly everyone if I started giving credit where credit was most certainly due.[p]I just realized this sounds like some kind of acceptance speech or something - I apologize. I just wanted to state for the record that I owe much more to so many good cooks represented here on this forum and elsewhere than I could ever possibly give back in return. [p]Thanks,[p]TRex
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    I trust that your daughter is doing better this morning, my friend. I was sorry to read about that. My thoughts and prayers go out . . .[p]TRex