Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone else planning a cook during tomorrow's Nor'easter?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Neither rain nor sleet nor snow will prevent me from firing up the egg. We're expecting three inches of rain here in Connecticut but as long as the wind fails to blow away my egg I'm gonna cook. [p]Jimi, going out to buy some ribs and a suitcase of Rolling Rock.

Comments

• JimiRayClapton, I'm with you live in NY and have a short cook on a small BGE planned... a 3.5 lb Pork tenderloin; if the weather not too bad; some Sourdough bread loafs..

• Billyboy
    Billyboy Posts: 10
    Options
    JimiRayClapton,
    It will be very windy. If I had my awning up I'd cook, but it's going up next weekend. Where are you in Ct.

• BYC
    BYC Posts: 358
    Options
    JimiRayClapton,
    Been cooking and food saving all day in anticipation of "THE" storm. Weather guys are having a field day with this one huh? Now ending with a slow cook of 2 butts and the elements. No Guru, Stoker, rain tent, awning, umbrella. or dome shower caps. Just set and forget at 235 with my 13 year old faithful LG. Should be the ultimate overnite test![p]Thanks TE for the tip on the smoke. I delayed grate delivery until there was just a hint of blue smoke. Followed the nose..

• Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    JimiRayClapton,
    Got a 14lb.turkey ready to go.Polders in plastic bags three feet from the kitchen window,hooded Gor Tex coat and umbrella standing by.Lump is loaded with weed burner close by.Let her rip.

• Retired RailRoader
    Options
    JimiRayClapton,
    I would love to be cooking on my egg but I will be eating restaurant food. We are going to see The Pirate Queen on Broadway and just my luck a Nor'Easter is coming. Walking around in Manhattan during a rain storm normally sucks but this Nor'Easter is going to be nuts.

Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    Retired RailRoader,
    That should be a great show being it is from the creators of Les Miserables,and produced from the guys from River Dance.Just hope youdont have a scene from The Perfect Storm in New York.I dont think I want to be around an Irish pirate.Have fun and stay dry.

• Vivo en Westport. You nearby?
  • Billyboy
    Billyboy Posts: 10
    Options
    JimiRayClapton,
    Pretty close. Greenwich.