Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple Treat - Smoked Bologna

sprinter
sprinter Posts: 1,188
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
One of the guys that goes to the local coffee shop said that he had heard about smoked bologna and how good it was. He said that he had never tried it and would have no idea about how to even cook it. Yesterday I was at the store and I picked up a 3 pound hunk of garlic bologna and cooked it. I brought it in this morning to the coffee shop and he couldnt believe how good it was. To be honest, it was some of the best bologna I've ever smoked also, I was very happy with the way it turned out. Might be thanks to the rubs I used (Thanks Chris of Dizzy Pig). All I did was rub the bologna with dizzy dust and coarse dizzy dust, smoked it for about 3 hours at 230ish. When it was "done" I took it off the cooker and slathered it with some Arthur Bryants sweet and spicy sauce and let it cool. This morning I reheated half of it in the microwave and brought it in. Pretty good stuff.[p]Sometimes its the simple things that turn out the best. Just thought I'd share this morning, it had been awhile since I've smoked any bologna but it sure was a nice treat to start the day.[p]Troy

Comments