Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Steaks

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Can someone please suggest some cooking times and temp. for 1/4" thick pork steaks?[p]Thanks![p]Kelly

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Kelly Royse-Keefe,[p]Wow, 1/4" thick --- maybe use them as toppings on a pizza. That is mighty thin meat and searing them will cook them in 60-90 seconds on each side. They will cook quickly.[p]Tim
  • Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Tim M,
    I was thinking the same thing...1/4" is way too thin!
    Maybe take a couple, put some stuffing between them and cook that way.[p]

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Shelby,[p]Maybe, maybe not... I'd grease up my grate real good, run my temp to say 400*, and pop those quarter-inchers in for 45 seconds to a minute. Turn just long enough to grate-mark. (May have to try that myself, we'll see what bargains the "out of date" bin holds today.) Any way you do it, you are going to have well-done.
  • Kelly Keefe
    Kelly Keefe Posts: 471
    Options
    Thanks for the tips, guys. I may have exaggerated the thickness (or lack thereof -- grin). They were still in the packaging and I was guessing.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Kelly Royse-Keefe, I like pork steak. I usually cook about 500-550 until the fat is burned off. Paste with BBQ sauce and eat. The steaks will be a little thicker than you think if still in the package. A little corn on the cob goes a long way with them also.[p]CWM