Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone doing the Eggfest tour this year?

The Virginian
The Virginian Posts: 275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know a lot of you make more than one Egggfest in a year, but is anyone doing the full eggfest tour this year: Florida, Oklahoma, Texas, Colorado, California, Maryland, and of course Atlanta? Anyone coming close? [p]Brett

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    The Virginian,[p]I did Florida, will be doing Texas, Waldorf, Eggs by the Bay. [p]I might do Colorado or I might go diving.. :) [p]Did you know that Colorado has the highest number of Certified Divers in the US?? Land Locked.. go figure..

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    The Virginian,
    We couldn't make FL or TX, but we will be at Oklahoma, Waldorf, Colorado, and Atlanta. We are still working on California, shouldn't be a problem. Also looking at LR's Fredricksburg thing in July. -RP

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    The Virginian,
    I'm working up to it slowly :>)
    Slacker me didn't go to one at all untill last two Eggtoberfests ago. Angela and I did Atlanta again last year and are in early planning stages on what to cook this year, we're going to Oklahoma this year too.[p]I want to hit all the spring fests. I figure it will be one a year. Texas or Waldorf is on the bill next year.

• AZRP
    dennis,
    Are you flying in? -RP

• dhuffjr
    AZRP,
    No we are driving. I'm picking up a demo egg for a coworker. I'm getting stoked for the trip. Both for the fun/food/friends and for my side trip on the way there.[p]We hitting Evansville Indiana to see LST-325.[p]http://www.lstmemorial.org/

• AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    I wish.
    But with as far as I have to go, I am lucky to get to any of the fests!! :)

• AZRP
    dhuffjr,
    OK,I thought we might get together on a rental car or something, that's a long drive dude! -RP

• AZRP
    AlaskanC,
    I think you guys did great making ATL last year, it can't be as easy as it is for us in the lower 48 to make travel arrangements. -RP

• AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    AZRP,[p]It's worth traveling 6300 miles round trip to see you guys!! :)
  • dhuffjr
    AZRP,
    Looking like 12 hours home. An extra hour or two going with the side trip.

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    The Virginian,
    We're making Texas, of course, and will be arriving just in time for the After Party at Waldorf because our DC plans were set in motion long before we knew the Waldorf dates. [p]Our hope was to make Texas and at least two others each year but our plans this year were abruptly changed when I had my heart attack.[p]Next year we hope to make Florida and San Francisco and maybe one other. Denver and Oklahoma City are on the list. Maybe Sitka if Melissa gets one going. [p]Plus, we go to any Lawn Ranger event and maybe a couple of promotional demos along the way. Atlanta is always a possibility.[p]It's all fun and we get to meet and re-meet some really nice folks.[p]Spring "Fun Follows Me In Front" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA[p][p]

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Spring Chicken,[p] Can the Sitka Eggfest be in JULY?????????[p]
  • BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    The Virginian,
    I think it would be a bit easier to accomplish if the first three of the year were not on consecutive weekends - at least two weeks between them would definitely help with the travel schedule...[p]

• dhuffjr
    BurntRaw,
    I had dreams of a Texas/Oklahoma trip with my daughters spring break in between. Blasted school districts and their schedules.[p]H