Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Which way works better to reheat spares?

Options
Big Hoser
Big Hoser Posts: 104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Gonna smoke some ribs this weekend in preparation for a family trip to Sunriver, Oregon on the following weekend (not allowed to bring my small egg. They have a rule against charcoal BBQing). I usually cook 'em at 250 dome using the 3-2-1 method and they turn out great, and I plan on vac-sealing 'em with my new Foodsaver I picked up at Costco on Friday (on sale now for $125). For the ribs to come out their lip-smacking best, which way is best: cook for the full 6 hours and then reheat 'em in boiling water, OR cook 'em 5 hours, seal, and then put 'em in the oven for an hour at 225? This will be my first time presenting egged food for my brother and his family and I want to get it right. Thanks. [p]Dan

Comments

• uncbbq
    uncbbq Posts: 165
    Options
    Big Hoser,
    Hard to beat finishing them off at home and reheating in boiling water. It's also easier than the oven. I just had 5 ribs for lunch that had been hiding in the back of my freezer in a vac-seal since January--boiled for 15 minutes in the pouch. They were great. Either way, you're going to blow them away.
    One thing, though. If you have a lot of ribs, it will take a big pot to heat them all at the same time. Also, don't forget to cut your pouches short enough to fit.

• bbqdiva
    bbqdiva Posts: 192
    Options
    Hey Big Hoser,[p]I foodsaver in mine portions small enough to fit in a big pot, then boil them just to bring them to room temp....not to re-cook them. Then I remove them from the bag and either put back on Egg and sauce or sauce in oven. They are very tender and just as good as the day I made them...even more tender.