Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

cooking baby back ribs

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What temp and for how long should I smoke my ribs? Can I leave them unattended for a while?

Comments

• bbqdiva
    bbqdiva Posts: 192
    Options
    Hey Cindy Lou,[p]I TOLD you woman, you can't leave the house with baby backs on the Egg :P. It's actually a short cook. ((((Hugs))))[p]You'll get tons of GREAT advice from long time Eggers on here! [p]C'ya, fellow Egghead!

• Cindy Lou,
    I cooked a slab of BB's yesterday along with a slab of regular ribs. I put them on about 11:45 AM and cooked them until approximately 5:30 PM at 250 degrees on indirect heat. I could have actually cooked them another hour as they weren't "falling off the bone". Welcome to the forum!!

• bbqdiva
    bbqdiva Posts: 192
    Options
    Correction:[p]A "rather" short cook :P
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Cindy Lou,[p]Congratulations on getting an Egg. You will find it to be an extraordinary cooker. When I do baby backs, I go for a dome temperature of 250, just like spares. However, babybacks usually don't take as long. Spares usually take 5 to 6 hours. I've had baby back done in as little as 4. You can leave them unattended, but wait to do that till you have learned how to keep a steady temperature on the Egg.[p]Check out the recipe section here on the forum for a method for baby backs. wessb.com also has a nice picture tutorial. Read around the forum posts on the "3-1-1" method, which is just about a guaranteed method for good ribs.[p]gdenby