Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

stickage

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My chicken skewers came out moist and tender, tasting eerily like scallops! Delicious! One problem: they stuck to the grill. First I had one of those disposable grates on to keep it from falling through. I rubbed it with olive oil before I added the chicken but they stuck. So for the 2nd batch I just put them right on the original grid. Even worse. My gasser had a cast iron grate and I had minimal problems, but I can't afford one for my egg right now.

Comments

• bbqdiva
    bbqdiva Posts: 192
    Options
    hey alb,[p]This works for me. I use a piece of bacon to grease up my grid if I'm worried about something sticking. Just take tongs and rub a piece all over the grid. Let it heat up a bit after...to get hot after rubbing with the bacon.[p]Good Luck.

• guava greg
    guava greg Posts: 139
    Options
    alb, Making sure grate is clean I use PAM for BBQ and grill. They make one just for that and it seems to work well.[p]Aloha,[p]Greg
  • Basscat
    Basscat Posts: 803
    Options
    alb,
    I'll second the vote for the Pam Grill spray product, it does pretty well and by all means, as soon as you can afford it, go for the cast iron grid from BGE. It works great and makes cooking on the Egg even more fun. Grill marks on steaks and burgers come out beautiful!