Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quick Fix

Options
TexasTigerFan
TexasTigerFan Posts: 85
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good morning Eggers. I was thinking about dropping by Costco today on my way home to pickup either some pork chops or steaks to cook this evening. Any quick marinade or procedures that I can use since I will be firing up the BGE when I get home? Would love some suggestions from all you experts.[p]Thanks,
Mike

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Ref1515,[p]Not an expert, but do like to do last minute shopping for a quick Egg dinner. A nice steak is the easiest. Pork chops are next, and even pork "steaks" work really well. One of the first after work fast cooks I did was with pork steaks that I just splashed with some teriyaki before firing up the Egg. Tonight I've got some whole sardines that are going to get a half hour of marinade in a simple oil_onion_pepper_garlic mix, and then a five minute cook on the Egg.[p]gdenby

• Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Options
    Ref1515,[p]I wish I was at home to give you the specific recipe, but I have an awesome tangerine/rosemary glaze for pork chops that I got from "The Thrill of the Grill". It involves dissolving sugar in white vinegar, adding tangerine (or fresh orange) juice and simmer, reducing the volume by a third to a half. Add a little melted butter, a Tbs of lime juice and needles of a couple of fresh rosemary sprigs. Serve over grilled pork chops. Everyone I've ever served this to raves about it and they often mix the glaze with whatever rice or vegetable side dish I'm serving.[p]Roudy

• Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Options
    Ref1515,[p]I have a second thought/suggestion. My family loves the KC Masterpiece brand of Honey Teriyoki marinade. For a simple supper marinade your pork chops 30+ minutes and grill.[p]
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Ref1515,
    I marinated some pork chops with stubbs marinade and it was excellent.

• wobin
    wobin Posts: 211
    Options
    Buster Dog BBQ,
    I concur, our local store just got some stubb's marinade in and we and the hound dogs like it.[p]Cheers, Glenn

• Gene613
    Gene613 Posts: 53
    Options
    Ref1515,
    Tuna steak is great soy sauce with ground horseradish seared 1:15 each side at 750