Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Dish in Lrg BGE

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I get my Lrg. BGE tommorow. What do you recommend I cook as a first meal fro my first Lrg. BGE?[p]Any thoughts? Any killer rescipe recommendations?[p]I am an experienced BBQer!

Comments

• ArvadaMan
    ArvadaMan Posts: 260
    Options
    BubbaLEE,[p]First, do not T-rex steaks. Keep the temps low
    for the first few cooks to avoid melting your gaskets.[p]Even though you are an experienced cook, I still suggest
    something easy like burgers, fish, chicken breasts,
    or hotdogs. The only reason is so you get experience
    with controlling the temperature. An easy cook lets you
    focus on the temperature, not closely watching the
    food.[p]Do something very forgiving.

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    BubbaLEE,
    I agree with Arvadaman on taking it easy for the first few cooks until your gaskets settle in a bit.[p]As for something good and easy and perfect for a first cook try Spatchcocked Chicken. Click the link below to learn how to make it.[p]Good Egging.[p]Spring "Nothing On TV" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

[ul][li]Spatchcocked Chicken[/ul]
  • Eggcitable Boy
    Options
    BubbaLEE,[p]Mine was Buffalo Skirtsteak. I had the temp. approx. 600 degrees, direct. I had NO problem with seasoning the EGG or melting the gasket or any other situational first time cookings. My only problem was I wished I had prepared more Buffalo, it has become my favorite, in any form, on the EGG. Welcome to the wonderful world of Egging, it will soon consume you my friend, be prepared for the journey...............Eggcitable Boy

• duckegg
    duckegg Posts: 267
    Options
    BubbaLEE,
    I would suggest Fatties, it is an easy cook and it takes a few hours. Good opportunity to fool with your temps and have a few beers. I did my first ones last weekend and they came out great. My wife even loved them and she is not realy a sausage fan.