Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Devilishly Good Twist on an Old Fave

Options
BBQfan1
BBQfan1 Posts: 562
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
In my continuing series on high cholesterol-inducing yummy treats, (see smoked olive recipe etc), here's a smokey twist on an old summertime favourite: Smoked Deviled Eggs! That's right; boil up the eggs as usual, cool, peel and then set on the Egg on top of some Pam sprayed foil. A small handful of your favourite smoking wood will, over the course of 20-30 mins at 200-220*, turn the eggs a nice golden hue and impart a subtle, but wonderful, smokey flavour. Take off, cool a bit, half the eggs, scoop out yolk and mix with whatever your momma's recipe tells you to. I came up with my own mix of mayo, Juan's 'Pain is Good' Batch 218 hot sauce, creole mustard and chopped shallot. Spoon filling back into the eggs and cool in the fridge. Just before serving, I sprinkled on a bit of hot smoked Hungarian paprika that I found at the local market. Voila, Deviled Eggs a la Egg! A neat twist on a summertime staple!
Qfan

Comments