Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2nd try at pizza

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
2007030.jpg
<p />I am making progress thanks for all the help on the board.

Comments

• BabyBoomBBQ
    BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
    Texasdawg,[p]Looks great. I hungry for a pizza now..
  • AZ Traveler
    AZ Traveler Posts: 664
    Texasdawg,
    That looks really good. I did one last night and my stone broke. Will post a picture later. Really good cook you have. AZ

• Texasdawg,
    Looking good. Your picture brings up how to handle mushrooms on the pie. They seem prone to drying out and getting kind of a hard outer coat - nothing resembling a restaurant pie. I am not sure if this has to do with using fresh v canned mushrooms, the cooking temp being too low, or something else. Any thoughts out there?

• 2007029.jpg
    <p />Frozen Chosen,
    Mine were fresh and they were actually very tender but i know what you mean about the look. I bet most of the pizza places use canned.

• icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Texasdawg,[p]What you find out that even if they don't use fresh shrooms the will still look like they came from a can..[p]The slice their shrooms very thin..[p]Think about it...very thing products means more profit..[p]So if you go to a place that looks like your pizza then they care more about the pizza than the profit.
  • BabyBoomBBQ
    BabyBoomBBQ Posts: 703
    Frozen Chosen,[p]I like to put my veggie toppings under the cheese which helps protect them from burning and drying out. Alton Brown mentioned this on his pizza show. It also seems to blend the flavors with the sauce better.