Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Florida Eggfest...Whatcha cooking...

Options
WessB
WessB Posts: 6,937
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
WoooHooo 2 weeks to go...can`t believe the posts about it aren`t flying across this board......Anyways.....whatcha plannin on cooking at the fest....Sally and I are leaning real hard towards cooking Bourbon Dijon salmon...[p]Wess

Comments

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    WessB,
    Gonna do a mess of ABT's (I was informed in no uncertain terms that I didn't make enough of them last year :-)), smoked extra sharp cheddar cheese, Cow Lickin' Chili, and some chicken thighs with my "secret" recipe...........

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    WessB,[p] I will be doing a Hungry Man Breakfast in my Dutch Oven with Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits. A surprize treat for a few eggs. Then I will load up the Dutch oven with Ham and Sweet Taters. Another Dutch Oven will have Corn Bread in it. [p] For all who have never had Tri-Tip they will be cooking too.[p]

• Smokin' Nole
    Options
    WessB,[p]Have not thought about it.... what should I bring for everyone ?
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    WessB,[p]Hadn't planned on cooking but am beginning to think I should. Hard to carry the stuff I might need down on the plane so I'll have to beg borrow and steal what I'll need to do "something chicken" on a raised grid or indirect- who knows?. [p]Have to decide when I get down on the 15th. See what's on sale at the local mega-mart.[p]Looking forward to my first EggFest in 7 years!! Just hope I can handle all of the fun. Staying with a buddy in Deltona and he's coming to be educated and to see first hand inside The Cult! Poor guy cooks on a gasser . . .little does he know what's in store for him! Hehehehe.
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Hey there Wess,[p]Larry and I have been crazy busy around here, and haven't really finalized what we're doing, but it's time to nail things down, isn't it? [p]I just got pics of the 'Fest T-shirts and WOW!!!! I'll be getting them posted up on the website soon. They've got to be some of the prettiest shirts I've ever seen. I'm getting one in each color (yellow and maroon), 'cause I can't decide which one I like better, LOL![p]Yeah, I've been surprised that there haven't been more posts, but for me, it's one of the busiest times of the year, so I'm kind of scarce around here on posts, but I do get out and read to catch up often. I also think that with the Florida Eggfest, it's the first one of the year and it kind of sneaks up on us. But, I'd LOVE to see a bit more chatter about it![p]Look forward to seeing you and SallyB real soon.[p]Hugs,
    Tonia
    :~)

• Sundown
    Options
    QBabe,[p]See my post below! I tried pinging you a couple of days ago because I don't have your email address. I'm likely going to cook figured you should know in case you've set up a cook schedule. See ya.
  • QBabe
    Options
    Sundown,[p]I replied (see my post to your PING). Give me a buzz if you want to.[p]Looking forward to finally meeting you,
    Tonia

• Scotty's Inferno
    Options
    WessB,
    Believe it or not, I'm cooking for the Egg Fest right now. I've got some teriyake/ginger jerky slow smoking @ 155 degrees. I plan on it being dry about midnight tonight. I'll foodsaver it and share during the day Saturday. [p]Like Egret, I've been cold smoking some cheeses and plan on bringing those as well.[p]As for during the day cooking, I'm still not sure. I plan on doing potato skins during part of the day Saturday, but I don't know what I'll do the rest of the time. [p]I'm really looking forward to seeing our friends and meeting more. I'll be working at a steady pace until then, so I'll be ready to chill. The Fest also happens to fall on the beginning of my kids' spring break, and that's a great way to kick it off. [p]Scott

• poqal
    poqal Posts: 53
    Options
    We're still in the planning stage. Heck! We'll still be planning when we pull into the park on Tuesday. [p]Probably pecan caramel rolls (ala Atlanta Eggtoberfest 2006) in the morning. Peruvian skirt steak at some point during the day. Ken's been experimenting with crostini and shrimp butter. Can't decide whether to bring the smokey chicken salad to meet-and-greet or on Saturday.[p]Decision....decisions....[p]Diana

• HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    WessB,
    I would have loved to make it and bring my kayak. I made other plans prior to buying my addictive egg. Have to miss it for a 7 day princess cruise.

• QBabe
    Options
    HungryMan,[p]The Silver River is very nice and crystal clear since it's fed from a first magnitude spring, but has a swift current. It's always best to paddle upriver first, LOL![p]Too bad you can't make it. It's a beautiful place and a GREAT time![p]Maybe next year,
    Tonia

• Sundown,
    Just curious from the handle and the reference to flying - do you happen to fly a Beechcraft Sundowner? [p]

• egret
    Options
    Scotty's Inferno,
    What!!! No "Ain't Momma's Meat Loaf!". Heeeeeee!!

• egret
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    I think I'm gonna be wantin' to hang out with you!!!

• HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    QBabe,
    For sure next year. I was at the silver springs park a while back. Beautiful part of the state. I live in tampa so its not to far.

• JM3
    JM3 Posts: 272
    Options
    WessB,[p]Trying to decide between the big italian hamburger that was posted on the forum a couple weeks ago or a southwestern brined turkey breast. I also plan on baking a cake since this is our son's birthday campout. He turns 8 on the 11th and we have gone camping for his birthday since he turned 4.[p]John
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    egret,[p] You well be welcome :)[p]
  • egret
    Options
    Sundown,
    I'll have just about every kind of rub known to mankind along with me and I want you to feel free to help yourself to any and all of it as you need. Plus, since I'm driving down, I can bring most anything else you may want, and gladly..........

• Scotty's Inferno
    Options
    egret, Hey buddy. Being a creature of habit, I just made 2 loaves of Ain't Momma's last night. Luv that stuff.[p]However, it really wasn't that well received at the Fest. So, I'll try something else. I aim to please. Glad you liked it. [p]See you soon, Scott

• Scotty's Inferno
    Options
    poqal, Skirt steak is a great idea!

• Sundown
    Options
    Bubba_T,
    Nope. The name comes from a small ad/marketing agency I've kept in the background for years, SundownThursday. [p]Currently have the most clients I've ever had at one time, three, and that's two more than I want. Pains in the A** but the money is too good to pass up.