Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Art of the Deal...Biden doesn't have it...Prisoner trade.

So, Biden works his magic and trades a basketball player for the top arms dealer that will be responsible for many more thousands of lost lives. Talk about getting sent to the woodshed. WOW ! Even you libs must be disappointed with this on some level. Of course, the one thing we know for sure is you guys will throw out the race card for anyone that says we shouldn't have traded. Since I didn't see any immediate post celebrating the release, I'm thinking you want to keep it quiet.

Comments

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    I see your point. I mean, Trump did get ASAP Rocky back on US soil. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • dmchicago said:
    I see your point. I mean, Trump did get ASAP Rocky back on US soil. 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • We’ve missed you, Wildman.  I think most just assumed you were still busy eating crow after those midterms.

Oh, that’s right, I forgot.  All of the votes were stolen.  
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Welcome back you dumb f*cking clown!!!
    I am quite sure "The Art of the Deal" team is sucking wind right now and scrambling for any exit avenue.  However, those opportunities are rapidly closing. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    If only Trump were president because he said only he can fix it and plus, she hates our country. 

Trump fought to remove sanctions for Russia for years.  Thankfully the congress codified them.
    Does this mean we’ll be getting every Trump “Truth” (lololol) as a new Wildman thread?  

That’s not sheep-like at all.
    edited December 2022
    Is it the trade I hoped for no.  On the positive side, we might finally get a sequel to a fantastic Nicholas Cage flic, War Lord.

And I am glad the Britney Griner is coming home.  She may be a domestic abuser who uses drugs, but she is an American.  At the end of the day we should fight for all citizens.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    We have been trying to get Whelan out but it takes two to tango.
    FYI — Whelan’s career is interesting…

According to a deposition Whelan gave in 2013, he was in law enforcement from 1988 to 2000 as a police officer in Chelsea, Michigan, and a sheriff's deputy in Washtenaw County. The Chelsea Police, however, said he worked in lesser roles and as a part-time officer from 1990 to 1996, while the Washtenaw County sheriff reported no record of his employment. A former colleague said he was a patrol officer from 1998 to 2000 in the Keego Harborpolice department.He was an IT manager for the Kelly Services staffing company from 2001 to 2003, and then 2008 to 2010. From 2010 to 2016 Whelan was Kelly Services' senior manager of global security and operations.He enlisted in the Marine Corps Reserve in 1994.He took military leave from Kelly Services to serve with the Marine Corps Reserve from 2003 to 2008, including service in Iraq. He held the rank of staff sergeant with Marine Air Control Group 38 working as an administrative clerk and administrative chief, and he was part of Operation Iraqi Freedom. After a court-martial conviction in January 2008 on multiple counts "related to larceny", he was sentenced to 60 days restriction, reduction to pay grade E-4, and a bad conduct discharge. The specific charges against him included "attempted larceny, three specifications of dereliction of duty, making a false official statement, wrongfully using another’s social security number, and ten specifications of making and uttering checks without having sufficient funds in his account for payment."
    Is it the trade I hoped for no.  On the positive side, we might finally get a sequel to a fantastic Nicholas Cage flic, War Lord.

And I am glad the Britney Griner is coming home.  She may be a domestic abuser who uses drugs, but she is an American.  At the end of the day we should fight for all citizens.
    Tell me more about the “domestic abuser who uses drugs”.

I know she had a prescription for the CBD oil, but I had no idea she had a drug problem.

• nolaegghead
    For sure Wildman is turned off to Trump for releasing 5000 Taliban plus a leader for….nothing.  

He’s no hypocrite.  Or…is he?  Will he go dark from piss poor election predictions again?  Does he hate himself?  Questions questions…

and I was thinking he was obviously oblivious to ridicule and embarrassment….hmmm
    edited December 2022

I know she had a prescription for the CBD oil, but I had no idea she had a drug problem.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2015/04/28/brittney-griner-plea-deal-guilty-domestic-violence-glory-johnson-wnba/26538559/

From 2015, before anyone knew her name, so no agenda.

Also, she took drugs to Russia (THC vape cartridges).  That seems like an epically bad decision.

I am honest though, I am glad she is back.  She is a US citizen and we should protect our citizens.

Whelan is a poor example and I am not sure how/why Trumpeters have latched on to him.  When I last read up on him, it seemed pretty clear he was not just an ex-Marine visiting Moscow.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Welcome back you dumb f*cking clown!!!
    Wow you are such a bitter little guy. Its these types of replies that tell me I am your daddy. HAHAHA
  • nolaegghead
    edited December 2022
    Bitter!?  That’s HILARIOUS!  Hahahaha

if by “Daddy” you mean “Clown”, then yes

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2015/04/28/brittney-griner-plea-deal-guilty-domestic-violence-glory-johnson-wnba/26538559/

Also, she took drugs to Russia (THC vape cartridges).  That seems like an epically bad decision.

I am honest though, I am glad she is back.  She is a US citizen and we should protect our citizens.

Whelan is a poor example and I am not sure how/why Trumpeters have latched on to him.  When I last read up on him, it seemed pretty clear he was not just an ex-Marine visiting Moscow.
    I would actually be a bit surprised if Whelan wasn’t CIA, but we’ll never know.

So, what do we do with 5000 prisoners as we are trying to end the war? You guys were wanting to end the war I believe. So much so you didn't care they left billions of dollars of military equipment and Americans and loyalist behind. 
  • Is it the trade I hoped for no.  On the positive side, we might finally get a sequel to a fantastic Nicholas Cage flic, War Lord.

It's nice to see you answer without immediately go to Trump like some do.
  • nolaegghead
    Keep them in prison if they belong in prison.  At least get concessions.  As you bloviate about missing the bus on the “art of the deal”, where’s the transaction?  Zero sum loss, buddy, not getting anything for the release.  

Equipment is left behind in every war.  Those decisions are made by the military.  Every war ever left crap behind because, and this is well documented, the ROI on returning much of that equipment doesn’t work out as it’s largely damaged, obsolete and worn out by sand storms and heavy use.  It takes time and money to transport back and we’ve already over stayed in our failed nation building exercise.

The previous administration made it more difficult to move the “loyalists” out thanks to the anti-immigration xenophobic policies implemented across homeland security.  

This pooch was screwed by a multitude of reasons and, predictably, you are more interested in blaming Joe Biden and the “libs” than actually solving problems.  **** off.

Get a room.

I never heard about the domestic fight, news to me, but wtf?  If you got thrown in a foreign jail in a despotic country and become an unwitting political pawn, summarizing someone by some one-off legal issue that happened years ago is like me referring to someone who got a DUI when they were younger as a drunk.  Except worse.

Hunter’s laptop!

Get a room.

I never heard about the domestic fight, news to me, but wtf?  If you got thrown in a foreign jail in a despotic country and become an unwitting political pawn, summarizing someone by some one-off legal issue that happened years ago is like me referring to someone who got a DUI when they were younger as a drunk.  Except worse.
    Maybe you misunderstood my post.  I was acknowledging her previous misdeeds, but not using them as justification for abandoning her.  I also do not think her protesting was reason to abandon her either.

I am glad she was released.  I do not have a clear understanding of the cost, but her being home is good for the US.  I would hope people would fight for me equally as tenaciously.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    With a good jolt of cynicism, I'll say that bringing home the sports star will likely be better for the economy. And, possibly provides some element of distraction. 

Either way, she's back with her family. Any/every person deserves that. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    And, its worth pointing out that The Dump wasn't quite successful in securing Whelan's release while he was in office. 

it's not hard to see that the OP is salty because BG is a woman, an LGBTQ+ person, and non-white. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    caliking said:
    And, its worth pointing out that The Dump wasn't quite successful in securing Whelan's release while he was in office. 

it's not hard to see that the OP is salty because BG is a woman, an LGBTQ+ person, and non-white. 
    And a dope smoker. Like that’s a bad thing?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    caliking said:

caliking said:

And tall.

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Ted Cruz, fisherman, sports fan.
  • Legume
    edited December 2022
    I haven’t been a Griner fan since she was at Baylor and showed her short temper on the court and got into fights.  Long time ago, but she’s shown that short temper / impulse control a lot and she has been in a unique position as a role model for young girls.  I don’t care what color, orientation, how tall, how rich, her politics, etc., but I’m glad they were able to bring her back.

She’s an adult now and she has protested for her beliefs and rights, reluctantly for a while, but has increasingly embraced this.  Those that say peaceful protest is un-American are acting like lost little snowflakes and need to reconcile their views with history and armed insurrection.  What she has done is free speech.  What people botch about with twitter is not a free speech issue.

Cancel much?
  • Legume
    Lol, some people disliked because I don’t like Griner.