Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lake Eerie Walleye Recipie

Anyone have any good walleye recipes?

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

Comments

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    I can't believe that happened!  There were pounds of lead weights in those fish.  I am surprised they never cut 'em open before now.  That dude won a lot!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,669
    happens all the time. one of the fishing gurus in the area in magazines/newspapers has the record brown bullhead for the state, caught in front of my house. cept its a white catfish, he knew better. polygraph in one of the big tournaments here for you and your witness, either fails and you lose. have seen bio's take samples to see if the fish was taken from the right lake, one year the winner came directly out of the state hatchery.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    theres always something odd in the fish anyways.....once i caught this tiger shark and found this.....

Steven Spielbergs secret reference to James Bond and Live And Let Die in  the movie Jaws  Bond Lifestyle

fukahwee maine

• Anyone have any good walleye recipes?

haha, my son was just telling me about this over the weekend. I had to share this with him
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Seems like I read somewhere in Texas at a fishing tournament someone had a diver put fish on their hook.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• wwinnc
    wwinnc Posts: 74
    Sounds kinda familiar @fishlessman.  I fished a bass tournament years ago in a 16' skiff with a 40 hp tiller handle. Had a 100 quart igloo cooler with a bilge pump rigged up for an areator.  Got a lot of funny looks from the bass boat boys! Was left behind at the start but came in third! :)
    2 then 1 Large, 2 Medium, 1 Small !! Egging since 2013. God is good!
  • Seems like I read somewhere in Texas at a fishing tournament someone had a diver put fish on their hook.

ive only fished one bass tourament. 30 plus bass boats and me in a 13 foot canoe, a german shepard on board, one rod, a bag of rubber worms, camp stove sausages onion pepper subs, a bunch of beer. i came in second. pretty sure those guys need to cheat
    Alaska ruined me on fishing. I’ve caught 12” trout out of a creek on literally every cast until the treble hooks broke off, caught salmon on a crystal clear creek in a scanoe that would snap your rod as soon as they dove under the boat (the water would ripple when schools went by) kings, halibut, silvers, pinks. Bass fishing is a lot of work, though the challenge of provoking one to bite can be fun.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523
    I am familiar with the fishing circuit. Most folks who fish these tourneys are great individuals who would give you the shirt off their back to help you. The flip side of this, these same people you never want to cross either. 

These two gentlemen are going to hit a stretch of bad luck very soon, I believe.
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• fishlessman
    wwinnc said:
    Sounds kinda familiar @fishlessman.  I fished a bass tournament years ago in a 16' skiff with a 40 hp tiller handle. Had a 100 quart igloo cooler with a bilge pump rigged up for an areator.  Got a lot of funny looks from the bass boat boys! Was left behind at the start but came in third! :)

i was harassed all morning, then after lunch someone asked jokingly if i caught anything. i yell back, about 30 pounds but i dont have a scale which made them laugh louder.  pulled out two big ones and that shut them up. told them im just looking for one more big one as they took off swearing......
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Seems like I read somewhere in Texas at a fishing tournament someone had a diver put fish on their hook.

ive only fished one bass tourament. 30 plus bass boats and me in a 13 foot canoe, a german shepard on board, one rod, a bag of rubber worms, camp stove sausages onion pepper subs, a bunch of beer. i came in second. pretty sure those guys need to cheat
    Alaska ruined me on fishing. I’ve caught 12” trout out of a creek on literally every cast until the treble hooks broke off, caught salmon on a crystal clear creek in a scanoe that would snap your rod as soon as they dove under the boat (the water would ripple when schools went by) kings, halibut, silvers, pinks. Bass fishing is a lot of work, though the challenge of provoking one to bite can be fun.

they dont allow us to fish for the searun salmon anymore, last time i caught one was maybe 30 years ago.  they recorded a total of 97 salmon returning for the spawn that year on the river i used to fish, thats after years of breeding them and letting 100,000 a year young ones go trying to jump start the fishery, that fishery is toast. bass are strange, ive caught the same one 3 times in an hour, in the spring they are incredibly easy to catch, later on its a little more difficult. my biggest smallie was 90 feet down on the bottom and i was using lead line one summer
    fukahwee maine

• poster
    poster Posts: 1,167
    Ya bass here are pretty much a nuisance fish. They have been taking over lakes in the area. They fight good, but are not very good eating, and always seem to have parasites. I never understood bass tournaments because they will literally bite anything. I have had them come out of the water multiple times to grab a hook that's dangling over the edge of the boat a foot off the water.