Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Libs hate brown people… in their backyard

Options

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Maybe I have more sympathy for people like this because I've gotten to know some of them, I don't know.  My wife and I routinely break bread with undocumented immigrants and Dreamers because of her work. 

But for whatever reason, from my standpoint it doesn't take much to understand how messing with them like this is pretty far from OK.  These are actual human beings, not toys to be used as political pawns.  They deserve as much kindness as anyone else seeking a better life. 
    If someone wants to show compassion then they should be for closing the border. Many die on the way. Large majority of the women and children are raped. We have a very generous legal immigration system. Allowing illegals to storm over unchecked in not good for the country or them.
    Care to back that up? You're so good with data and facts.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    caliking said:
    Maybe I have more sympathy for people like this because I've gotten to know some of them, I don't know.  My wife and I routinely break bread with undocumented immigrants and Dreamers because of her work. 

But for whatever reason, from my standpoint it doesn't take much to understand how messing with them like this is pretty far from OK.  These are actual human beings, not toys to be used as political pawns.  They deserve as much kindness as anyone else seeking a better life. 
    If someone wants to show compassion then they should be for closing the border. Many die on the way. Large majority of the women and children are raped. We have a very generous legal immigration system. Allowing illegals to storm over unchecked in not good for the country or them.
    Care to back that up? You're so good with data and facts.
    Easy up on the dunce. He thought he understood Watergate but now he’s not so sure. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • WildmanWilson
    Options
    Closing the boarder is the most moronic thing I’ve heard on here in quite a while.  Why nut just nuke the economies on both sides currently doing massive commerce with each other?
    Maybe I should spell it out more clearly for the snowflake. When we say close the border, it means to illegal immigration. We are not talking about trade. But the fentanyl coming in is doing wonders for our economies in your eyes.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Uh-oh someone's trying to pretend they have a soul.  This should put them on the outs with Deep MAGA:

Whenever Kush speaks I think of this guy:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Closing the boarder is the most moronic thing I’ve heard on here in quite a while.  Why nut just nuke the economies on both sides currently doing massive commerce with each other?
    Maybe I should spell it out more clearly for the snowflake. When we say close the border, it means to illegal immigration. We are not talking about trade. But the fentanyl coming in is doing wonders for our economies in your eyes.
    Duh de derp….dude you are such a bad-ass at tic tac toe
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Pretty sure fentanyl is illegal and nobody, even the most die hard liberal Biden and Sanders loving fanboys want this coming across our border.

Having grown up and spending most my adult life on the Southern border with Mexico, I can assure you we have a significant presence and drug intradiction force working it.  Unfortunately, due to the fastness of the border, the incredibly inhospitable terrain, and drug mules willingness to risk life and limb to cross, this is not a simple "build a wall" solution.  We have planes, helicopters, horses, motorcycle, side-by-side, trucks, night vision, etc all patrolling.  However, you cannot police every single inch of it.

Also, look up "drug tunnels" to see the ingenuity involved, not to mention drones just flying over the wall and dropping packages.  The wall is the same security theater as the TSA.  They even use trebuchets.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Most drugs come through ports based on the DEA.
    And the border is officially closed to “illegal immigration” (otherwise it would just be immigration). I think OP may be confusing illegal immigration with asylum seekers.  

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • WildmanWilson
    Options
    Pretty sure fentanyl is illegal and nobody, even the most die hard liberal Biden and Sanders loving fanboys want this coming across our border.

Having grown up and spending most my adult life on the Southern border with Mexico, I can assure you we have a significant presence and drug intradiction force working it.  Unfortunately, due to the fastness of the border, the incredibly inhospitable terrain, and drug mules willingness to risk life and limb to cross, this is not a simple "build a wall" solution.  We have planes, helicopters, horses, motorcycle, side-by-side, trucks, night vision, etc all patrolling.  However, you cannot police every single inch of it.

Also, look up "drug tunnels" to see the ingenuity involved, not to mention drones just flying over the wall and dropping packages.  The wall is the same security theater as the TSA.  They even use trebuchets.
    Yet it’s much worse under this administration than the last. To say otherwise is simply being untruthful. Policies do matter. 
  • WildmanWilson
    Options
    And the border is officially closed to “illegal immigration” (otherwise it would just be immigration). I think OP may be confusing illegal immigration with asylum seekers.  

And the libs/snowflakes/democrats will not even call them illegals. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options

Yet it’s much worse under this administration than the last. To say otherwise is simply being untruthful. Policies do matter. 

What specific policy(ies) enacted by Biden since late January 2021 has caused any increase in drugs entering the US illegally?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Cons hate brown and black people… well, anywhere apparently:

• dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    I have multiple sets of friends that are "Brown" ( plus Black, Yellow and Red) and a subset of them overtly espouse views for personal liberties and that America is a nation founded on laws, not figureheads.  So "Libs" too.
    When we have get-togethers there can be any given colors in the backyards and there is never any objection. 
    Given that... "Libs hate brown people... in their backyard" does not hold water around here, nor many other locations I've visited, thus a false generalization.
    @WildmanWilson - You seem to paint with a wide paintbrush.   Stereotypes generally are inaccurate and detrimental to all.  Might be beneficial to ponder that if you are open to rational discussion.
    * To add... some amount of all those color groups I associate with count firearms as  a hobby.  What do you make of that?
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    edited September 2022
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    WildmanWilson said:

What specific policy(ies) enacted by Biden since late January 2021 has caused any increase in drugs entering the US illegally?
    And I'll add, what specific  data are you referring to, to claim 
    Yet it’s much worse under this administration than the last. 
    I did some digging around on various .org  and .gov websites, and could find NO data that supports this.  
    Or, is it just something you WANT to believe, therefore it's Truth to you?  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    Botch said:
    HeavyG said:
    WildmanWilson said:

And I'll add, what specific  data are you referring to, to claim 
    Yet it’s much worse under this administration than the last. 
    I did some digging around on various .org  and .gov websites, and could find NO data that supports this.  
    Or, is it just something you WANT to believe, therefore it's Truth to you?  
    Doesn't take much digging to learn that WW is just espousing Qanon BS.  First 3 hits on Google laid out Biden's policies.  Looks like he hasn't really changed much except the COVID specific policies.

Never let a fact get in the way of a good narrative.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    How entertaining is it that a right wing extremist (which is mainstream republican nowadays, sadly) comes on here and regurgitates everything he has pounded into his head by Hanning, Carlson and the rest of Fox (even though word on the street they are RINOs for angering the great Cheeto emperor), and Newsmax, plus god knows how much qanon filth on the interwebs?
    Options

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    The US and The Holocaust is a great watch on PBS. Seems relevant to this thread. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    The US and The Holocaust is a great watch on PBS. Seems relevant to this thread. 

Certainly showed a lot of parallels between the first few decades of the 20th century in the US and the creation/rise of Hitler and contemporary USA.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Certainly showed a lot of parallels between the first few decades of the 20th century in the US and the creation/rise of Hitler and contemporary USA.

It also shows that our country hasn't really changed in any way towards unwanted immigrants.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HeavyG said:

It also shows that our country hasn't really changed in any way towards unwanted immigrants.
    A lot of truth to that, I'm afraid.  
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    It’s just the immigrants that change - there can be a real ‘I got mine, now shut the door’ attitude.  I’m sure when my ancestors immigrated they pissed some group off.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    .all of my portuguese side had to come thru canada, no ellis island, damn greasy portagees =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:
    It’s just the immigrants that change - there can be a real ‘I got mine, now shut the door’ attitude.  I’m sure when my ancestors immigrated they pissed some group off.
    My ancestors were Irish, and as I understand it… they were all welcomed with open arms.   Amirite?
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    look who got to the liquor store before they closed. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Must’ve been a long day at the mill, cut the man some slack!
  • WildmanWilson
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Must’ve been a long day at the mill, cut the man some slack!
    Actually, just got back from a nice sun baked vacation. Thanks for the concern though. You may have a sweet spot for me after all.