Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large big green egg cover

Options
I made an outdoor kitchen , put 2 eggs into it.  I have them on Unilock block on a limestone top.  I need a cover to cover each one.  Seems like most ones are too long?  Any suggestions?

Comments

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Seen some BGE covers out there for the Eggs,  I do not cover mine, nerver had an issue but maybe where you are it may be.   Are they close together? 

Where are you located?  
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    edited September 2022
    Options
    You probably need to consider a custom made cover. They really aren't THAT costly  considering how much you have already invested! There are many companies out there! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    There are custom boat cover shops in a lot of towns.  They can make you a HD cover in various colors that will last for many years. They use UV vinyl, heavy stitching, and will sew on tie down straps. 
  • 4TheGrillOfIt
    Options
    So a cover like this is too long?

XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • blakeas
    blakeas Posts: 244
    Options
    so that one it too short.  Need it to go just to the base.  current cover is way too long.  see pictures
  • blakeas
    blakeas Posts: 244
    Options
    im in cleveland and the winters here are brutal at times.  so i need a cover.  do I try etsy?
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Hem it up. Mark it and take it to a dry cleaner see if they can do it
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Just a thought, why not get some double sided tape or even Velcro and fold it up into
    itself to make the ones you have shorter, that's probably easier and cheaper than trying to find a custom cover for it. Other than that Alaskan has the other best option.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• MO_Eggin
    Options
    You can also try reaching out to https://www.the-cover-store.com/ - they sell covers that are both full length (in nest) and just the dome (similar to what @4TheGrillOfIt posted), and also make custom covers for patio furniture, etc.  so they may be able to make something that works for your setup.  

LBGE - St. Louis, MO; MM & LBGE - around 8100' somewhere in the CO Front Range
  • Mark_B_Good
    Options
    blakeas said:
    so that one it too short.  Need it to go just to the base.  current cover is way too long.  see pictures
    Can't you just cut that one? If you insist on a clean finish, mark it and send it in to be hemmed properly ... shouldn't cost that much.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    blakeas said:
    im in cleveland and the winters here are brutal at times.  so i need a cover.  do I try etsy?
    Do you think that your winters are worst than in the GWN?  Mine sits uncovered all year long and has been like this for over 10 years.  I had cover at first but it caused more problems than it was solving.