Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Our beloved Webmaster has passed on

2»

Comments

• db
    db Posts: 103
    JJ,
    I didn't get a chance to know the webmaster very well. The first time we communicated was a little tense. It only took one or two emails before I considered him a pal. Maybe someone could tell us newbies a little about him?
    Dave Brewer

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    JJ,[p]Even though I never met him in person, I exchanged emails and posts. I will miss his tremendous efforts towards this forum and his generosity. My condolences to Brenda and his family.[p]David Pace
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    db,
    I did not know him well either, but have heard great things from those who knew him well. From the dozen or so e-mails we exchanged during his time, it was clear he was a class individual. He always responded promptly, and conducted his business in a professional manner, but with a warmth and calmness posessed by few. The type of person that becomes a friend automatically once you have meet his acquaintance.[p]He knew webmaster business to the bone, knew how to cook extremely well, and, most importantly, knew people It is truly a sad day.[p]Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    JJ,[p] Barb & I both had the great pleasure of meeting Bill
    on our trips to Atlanta. We are deeply saddened to hear
    of his sudden passing.
    Brenda and family, please accept our sincere condolences
    and know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. [p] Earl and Barb

• JJ, I did not know Bill personally. I only knew him as a man very dedicated to this forum. It was run calmly and professionally from the first time I ever saw it. Through the comments of his friends, I can tell he will be greatly missed. My condolences to the Miller family and to all who knew and loved him.
    Randy Fagan

• BBQ-BoB
    BBQ-BoB Posts: 124
    JJ,[p]Even tho I have been an infrequent participant here over the past year, Bill has helped me out a couple of times and made me feel like part of the gang....I won't foget him.
    My condolenses to his family[p]BoB Glassy

• I called Bill Miller 3 nights ago to chat and was told he had passed away last Sunday. I went into total shock and am still there.[p]He was my friend and I will miss him terribly.[p]The only thing I could do was call JJ and tell him...[p]I talked to Brenda a few minutes ago. She and David are still in total shock also, as you can imagine. She has been unable to go into the Computer Room yet, so she hasn't yet seen all the responses.[p]I gotta go,
    da' Bear

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    da' Bear, God Bless!
    C~W

• Mary
    Mary Posts: 190
    JJ,
    What shocking news. My sincerest condolances to all who loved him. He will be sorely missed. I only knew him via this forum, but he was always helpful and fair. He did a wonderful job on this site.[p]Mary

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Bill, you will always be remembered as a dear friend and compatriot! Brenda, please accept our sincere condolences. We will keep your family in our prayers.[p]Love,
    JSlot & MSlot

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Jim & Marti -[p]It's good to hear from you. We've missed you...hope all is well.[p]Cathy

• WallyQ
    WallyQ Posts: 10
    JJ,
    I met Bill under the BGE cooking tent during the Georgia State BBQ contest last fall in Dillard. What a terrific guy. He took a digital picture of my family and was an incredible host. Talked on and on about the goodness that flows on this forum and told me about many of you he knew personally.[p]I pray that he rests in peace and God take care of his family during this tragic time.

• JJ,[p]I am truly sorry to hear the sad news of Bill's death.
    As many here will say, I never had the pleasure to meet him personally but exchanged a couple of emails with him.
    It was his encouragement (or kick is the pants)that got me to start my meager web page. [p]
    Bill Miller I salute you![p]
    Tim Garland

• JJ has just informed be, via E-mail, of Bill's death. I never had the opportunity the meet Bill, as I have never had the opportunity to meet any of the other folks on the forum. However, as so many of you have said so often, we have a formed a family here. JJ's e-mail was a shock to me, as was this post. The response from our egg community shows that this was a man who gave freely of himself and was loved much, even by people who knew him only as "The Webmaster".[p]My condolences go to all of bill's family and friends who are grieving today.[p]Jim
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    JJ,[p]What sad, sad news. My heart aches for- and my prayers are with- his friends & family. He touched the lives of us all and will be missed.[p]Jack, do you have an address where I could send a note to Brenda? Julie Applegate
  • JJ,[p]Just got back on the forum today and read the sad news. I didn't know Bill personally, only through this group. I have to believe that the great personality of the forum reflects Bill's. It's personal, professional, sincere, and extremely helpful. My condolences to Bill's family and friends.[p]Peddler

• JJ,[p] I haven't been on for a while, but my condolences to his
    family. The BGE was (is) one of the best kept web sites.
    His creativity and fairness will be missed.[p]
    Dave T-berry[p]