Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Why didn't y'all tell me that lamb chops were so good?

Options
SouthOfI10
SouthOfI10 Posts: 213
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DSC00853.jpg
<p />All that I can say is, WOW!. The Lamb Lollipops recipe with Red Eye express is one of the best, easiest cooks yet. I went by Chris' recipe and guesstimated for them being cut instead of in a roast. Where were you, RTD? Slacker....
DSC00860.jpg
Cool ones in honor of my forthcoming pup, come Monday.
DSC00858b.jpg[p]
DSC00861.jpg[p]They were fantastic! I didn't take a picture of the side, but it was a fresh salad with crumbled Maytag blue cheese (Thanks to Thirdeye or whoever that got me hooked on that stinky, nasty, wonderful cheese! Right now, I am enjoying my fullness, the good beer and the elevator door that is slowly but surely closing on a long work week.[p]Cheers to all of you![p]ss

Comments

• SouthOfI10,
    perfect!
    i just knew you'd figure it out...
    i had to go to the neighbors and feed their three dogs because they are having their first son today... they've been at the hospital since 0600 and the water broke at 1745 and no baby yet. i will be providing them with egged food throughout the weekend and week.[p]the lamb chop photos you saw from me were cooked as a roast, then cut into chops and the actual photo was the leftovers pan seared in a black iron skillet with a couple abt's! :)

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    SouthOfI10,
    I haven't pulled the trigger on lamb yet. I was thinking rack o' lamb. But those pics look great. Maybe sometime in the near future, when I have a guest that might enjoy them.[p]Mike

• SouthOfI10
    Options
    0222070944.jpg
    <p />Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Hehe. I had to give you a hard time... :) The rest of us decided that you need to be at our beck and call any time we see fit! Have I shown you the latest Ohio yankee that is the newest Egger/Cliffordette_the_big_yellow_dog_Family member? Her name is Daisy. In this picture, she's 10 weeks old:the boy is 6 years (I'm gonna need some help feeding her!). She's from Grove City, OH, and this won't be the last post that you see of her... [p]Cheers.

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    SouthOfI10,
    I'm yet to become a true lover of lamb, but I love that last pic. Very tastefully done! BTW, the lamb looks beautiful, if only it were called something else. [p]I must say that the only lamb I've ever enjoyed (very limited experience) was done by MollyShark at last years TexasFest. It was remarkably good. However, she did threaten to kick my butt if I didn't like it. :o) She does have a persuasive nature about her. Baaa![p]Mike

• SouthOfI10
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    I can't believe that this was my first lamb cook, either. Totally good. The flavor was better than steak; the texture was butter-smoothe like you got that dry-aged prime rib-eye steak done to perfection, and the simplicity of the cook will make you wonder why you haven't done this sooner. I'm hooked.

• SouthOfI10,
    now that is precious!

• still closing. Mike, I hope things go well the next few days. Hope "Gotcha Day" went well. I have a special present for Marina at Texas. And a real good one for 1shot.[p]Mike
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Your Realtor.,
    We signed our closing docs today....final closing on Monday morning. Breathing somewhat easier. We're looking forward to seeing you.
    LR

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,[p]Well quite a compliment, on all counts. Next time I'll do some maple lambie chops and you'll like those also. Baaaa.[p]mShark