Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lol, hot dog roller - because it makes sense

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    edited June 2022
    The only issue I see is that you have to eat a hotdog otherwise a great concept. (If you have that type of spare room on a grill)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    I'm guessing all dogs need to be the same diameter??  
    July 4th on the horizon-as long as you use mustard as the condiment!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,865
    But is it a sandwich?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    I was waiting for that...😁
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    I finally have the True Answer.
    A sammich is two slices of carbohydrates, with the protein and condiments in between the two slices.
    A hot dog is one slice of carbohydrates, shaped into a "U", with the protein and condiments layed inside.
    Therefore a hot dog is not a sandwich.

It is a taco.  Fight me.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    edited June 2022
    So…a hoagie or any sandwich made in a cut roll?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,664
    edited June 2022
    Elena Bessers Chicago-Style Hot Dog Sandwich Recipe

Grilled Hot Dog-Cheese Sandwich - My Food and Family

not sure about that chicago thing counting but the cheese dog looks good

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • jdMyers
    jdMyers Posts: 1,336
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,323

Sold!

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Can it accommodate girthy dogs too?
  • JohnInCarolina
    HeavyG said:

Sold!

I wonder if people who drink Jim Beam, or just drink a lot of Jim Beam, tend to purchase this product.
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 916
    I don't know about any of that. All I know is that this afternoon I asked the guy three bar stools down from me, if he ate his hot dogs the long way. It just came into my head and I literally don't care how people eat their hot dogs, though I should point out that the last time I ate one sideways I got mustard on both of my shoes. Still, the guy looked at me funny, like I could lick my forehead until maybe next Wednesday. You should never make fun of the hot dog lovers, that's the lesson from this, really. 
  • lousubcap
    Properly eating a hot dog is the first course in mastering a tube steak sandwich... B)
  • jdMyers
    jdMyers Posts: 1,336
    Oh that's funny 
    Columbus, Ohio
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    My youngest and I now refer to them as wizzard fingers:

Clinton, Iowa
  • Elena Bessers Chicago-Style Hot Dog Sandwich Recipe

Whatever that is in the first picture, it is NOT a Chicago style hot dog.   :)
    Plainfield, IL
    XL BGE
  • HeavyG said:

Sold!

I wonder if people who drink Jim Beam, or just drink a lot of Jim Beam, tend to purchase this product.
    If it was branded as Bookers and 5x the cost they would be flying off the shelves.
    Plainfield, IL
    XL BGE
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    lousubcap said:
    Agreed on the mustard. Ketchup (or catsup if you prefer) only has one use - french fries. Any other use is a crime against humanity.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    CTMike said:
    lousubcap said:
    Agreed on the mustard. Ketchup (or catsup if you prefer) only has one use - french fries. Any other use is a crime against humanity.
    I won't put ketchup on hot dogs.  
    But, the once a year time that I get a craving for corn dogs, I'll pick up a box from the grocer's freezer, bake (or smoke) them, and eat them with ketchup.  If that's wrong, I don't wanna be right.  :shrug:  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    I haven’t ate a corn dog in 5+ years but if I did it would be dipped in yellow mustard.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    I haven’t ate a corn dog in 5+ years but if I did it would be dipped in yellow mustard.
    Around here they are typically served with sweet yellow mustard (mustard+brown sugar+celery seeds).

All this talk about corn dogs…. I still don’t really want one. Can I get a Kurabuta corn dog?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    I upvote the ketchup with corn dog.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    All this talk about corn dogs…. I still don’t really want one. Can I get a Kurabuta corn dog?
    Sorry to say that corn dog MUST be made with cheap hot dog sausage!  Deluxe corn dogs have their place but it is hard to beat a properly made “cheap” corn dog.

and now I really want one 🤣😂

Elena Bessers Chicago-Style Hot Dog Sandwich Recipe

Whatever that is in the first picture, it is NOT a Chicago style hot dog.   :)

according to this chicago lady it is

fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,664
    does the roller work on octo hotdogs

Brookline Restaurants Octo Hot Dog Takes Food Combos Too Far

fukahwee maine

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    I make the chains that carry the hot dogs through the process of turning "meat" into what we all buy at the store.  

I have been in more hot-dog plants than I care to count.

I only eat Costco, all beef, dinner franks as a result of my independent observations.  

It really is as bad as you think.

The level of automation that goes into making a hot dog is mind-blowing.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • JohnInCarolina
    Langner91 said:
    I make the chains that carry the hot dogs through the process of turning "meat" into what we all buy at the store.  

I have been in more hot-dog plants than I care to count.

I only eat Costco, all beef, dinner franks as a result of my independent observations.  

It really is as bad as you think.

The level of automation that goes into making a hot dog is mind-blowing.
    Here's a helpful video so that people have a better idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NzUm7UEEIY

I definitely recommend watching this one with your sound on, as the background music is pretty epic.