Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Father’s Day cooks

Father’s Day is almost here and was wondering what everyone was cooking or had on the menu for Sunday? I stopped by Costco earlier today and couldn’t pass up the opportunity to grab one of these bad boys to cook for Father’s Day. Sure I’ll side with some type potato and roast some veggies too. What is everyone else doing? 

Comments

• Scguy1869
    Scguy1869 Posts: 9
    Spatchcock jerk chicken and rice and peas for me after some pool time.
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    bbracey21 said:
    Father’s Day is almost here and was wondering what everyone was cooking or had on the menu for Sunday? I stopped by Costco earlier today and couldn’t pass up the opportunity to grab one of these bad boys to cook for Father’s Day. Sure I’ll side with some type potato and roast some veggies too. What is everyone else doing? 
    Nice grab on a good looking piece of meat!  And prime to boot.
    I won’t have to cook on Father’s Day, and will enjoy a delicious Papa Murphy’s custom pizza on Sunday.  My day off.
  • Ike
    Ike Posts: 288
    edited June 2022
    24 boneless/skinless chicken thighs, 8 stuffed with jalapeno poppers, 8 stuffed with with ham, turkey, and cream cheese roll-ups, and 8 bbq'd. All seasoned with jerk rub and wrapped with bacon, corn on the cob, whatever else the kids and the g'kids bring for sides and watermelon for snacks.  Really looking forward to it!  Hard to get everyone together to let each to spend time with their fathers.
    Owensboro, KY.  First Eggin' 4/12/08.  Large, small, 22" Blackstone and lotsa goodies.
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Would be nice if my wife could cook, but she's good at ordering Chinese.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    Heartbrand Beef Akaushi brisket on the stick burner.  Should trim out at around 10 lbs +/-, will know Saturday.  Always a great cook and fun with the sticks.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Waygu new yorks, sous vide corn on cob, 2x baked taters, green salad and coconut cream pie....

• Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Not sure, yet.  My youngest wants to come visit and have me grill, but Covid has left her with odd taste and smell senses.  So, I am going to have to call an audible much closer to game-time.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,908
    I’m playing golf in the morning and having the family meet me at the club for their Father’s Day lunch Feast.  Not cooking that day.  
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    maine lobster from the pound down the street, ribeyes, and grilled asparagus wrapped in prosciutto drizzled with whiskey barreled aged shoyu crack. crappy pics for monday....ribs going on tomorrow, maybe catch a fish
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    the local market basket was pretty much empty with shoppers, asked the checkout lady if it was this empty on mothers day weekend. the reply....HELL NO
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    I've decided on steaks. Will SV and try a sear with a weed burner for first time 
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 916
    edited June 2022
    Hole snapping a$$holes that kinda looks good. 🙂
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 916
    Took three edits. I may have had something to drink, which I don't usually do, but then I did, and now I don't again, I swear.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    edited June 2022
    Let’s see…making a weekend of it vs just a one day event. 
    Friday night: burgers
    Saturday night: kabobs using prime ribeyes for the meat
    Sunday night: Etooffee using shrimp

Happy Father’s Day to all of you! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    In keeping with @RRP's theme- making a weekend of beer, bourbon and a brisket on Sunday.  The three "B's" of my current life.  I'm not sure I could make any improvements.
    Enjoy the weekend!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RRP
    lousubcap said:
    In keeping with @RRP's theme- making a weekend of beer, bourbon and a brisket on Sunday.  The three "B's" of my current life.  I'm not sure I could make any improvements.
    Enjoy the weekend!
    Just because I didn’t mention bourbon and some vodka in my response doesn’t mean they won’t be part of the weekend celebration!  B)
  • RRP
    RRP said:
    Let’s see…making a weekend of it vs just a one day event. 
    Friday night: burgers
    Saturday night: kabobs using prime ribeyes for the meat
    Sunday night: Etooffee using shrimp

Happy Father’s Day to all of you! 
    Friday done AND GREAT!

Saturday night EVEN GREATER!!!!

Looking forward to the Etoofee/shrimp for sure!

Gosh...and I didn't even mention my planned kick butt/rich cheese omelet for Sunday brunch!

Happy Father's Day, Buddies!
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Happy Father’s Day Ron!
  • GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 565
    Spare ribs with corn on cob, slaw, sliced fresh tomatoes, green beans
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • lousubcap said:
    The above mentioned Akaushi brisket is on the stick burner.  Slice and eat driven by the cow and the decision about how long to FTC.
    Happy Father's Day!

Post trim weight 10.6 lbs.  Lookin' better than I deserve.  
    Damn…that is magazine quality right there. Wow.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Tip2Tip
    Tip2Tip Posts: 100
    edited June 2022
    Happy Father’s Day Ron!
    You're back posting on the forum?  I had you for hiding under a rock for at least another week. 
    California
  • bbracey21
    bbracey21 Posts: 319
    Low & slow around 275° has begun. Will sear once I get to my internal temp. Also gonna grills some shrimp for a little surf & turf action.  Sides will be some baked taters & roasted brussels.