Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs, morels and corn on the cob.

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just finished off a slab of char-crust babybacks along with fresh morels and some great corn using the Char-Woody method. My pa says best ever, but he usually does when he wants me to cook more. Everybody have fun at Eggfest and great weekend to everybody who has to stay home like me.[p]CWM

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    Car Wash Mike, fresh MORELS and ANYTHING off the BGE is a meal for the GODS! I went out tonight to my secret grounds after making sure NO ONE followed me and I found none, zippo, nothing...but a neighbor of mine who WILL GO UNIDENTIFIED doesn't like them and mows them in his DUNLAP ILLINOIS YARD!!!! Don't feel bad, Gordon 8^)...the guy next door likes you, but someday you need to ask him for a taste of what you've been handing over to him all these years and from that day on you'll never mow them down again!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP,[p]Heh- I grew up in Normal and used to live in Dunlap back when I had my first job at Multi-Ad in Peoria. I have since moved on to Seattle but fondly remember Dunlap. That's also where I met my girlfriend of 7 years- she is from Chilicothe. Glad to see another Central Illinois face around here.[p]Skooter

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    RRP, I'm curious - who told you the story? I never really liked mushrooms, even last year I gathered a bunch and gave them to one of my neighbors. As I have redone more of the yard, they are becoming harder to find. I’ll have to take a look down in the ravine and see if any appear!
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Gfw, that is funny..Are those really the big Morel? I am having portobello's tonight with ribeye and a touch of Ghee with french bread. Guests coming and have to show of the BGE. Yup..french bread in the BGE. Nice taste.
    Have a great weekend. Wonder what that eggfest bunch over east is up to this morning?
    C~W
    BTW..good to see your face here again! You been hiding?[p]

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    Gfw, by light of day I see my way of couching that story line last night came out all wrong! I apologize here to you for could be taken as ridicule. I did not mean it that way - I was just impling that maybe you didn't know you were giving away diamonds in the rough - so sorry! As for the story itself, you told me yourself a year ago in an email in connection with your collection of many hostas you have planted. Of course just to the north of you in the woods across from the G/A/S there lies a very fertile mushroom source of timber.
    Again, Gordon I apologize. Ron

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    RRP, with tongue in cheek, I have to comment that the rest of us really needed something to hang on GFW.
    Good to see the humor in it!!
    Cheers to both you and Gordon..
    C~W

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    RRP, no problem and no apology necessary - I forgot that I told you the story, but it's even worse. The first year while building one of my flower gardens, I probably threw away about 3 pounds - didn't even know what they were. [p]That's my project for today - another flower garden for the back yard - pork chops and steak for tonight.