Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What was your Mother’s Day meal?

Thatgrimguy
Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,722
edited May 2022 in EggHead Forum
We had chicken parm over homemade pasta and Alfredo sauce with a loaf of sourdough! What about you?

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Nice meal, and another beuatiful loaf. Love the crust.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • wps456
    wps456 Posts: 82
    edited May 2022
    Maple glazed cedar plank salmon...on the egg of course
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    wps456 said:
    Maple glazed cedar plank salmon...on the egg of course
    I have to that. I have a few planks that have been sitting in the garage for years. I should use them.
  • wps456
    wps456 Posts: 82
    I buy sashimi grade Atlantic salmon, skin off from Sam's and take a filet knife and cut off the gray blood line prior to cooking (the dog loves that part!). For the glaze:
    1/4 cup maple syrup (the good stuff)
    2 T soy sauce
    1 clove garlic
    1/4 t garlic salt
    1/4 t ground ginger
    1/8 t black pepper
    Soak the cedar planks in water for as long as possible ahead of time. I'll cover the top with olive oil prior to putting salmon on, it makes clean-up easier so you can reuse the planks.
    I put the marinade in a gallon size ziploc bag with the salmon while the egg is heating up. Cook at about 400 til done (usually 12-15 minutes depending on thickness of salmon). It's one of my family's favorite meals, especially the kids!
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424

Salmon cakes with veggie tots and baby limas.  Having celebratory duck breast tonight; didn’t want to cook outside last night.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    We had some terrible food at On The Border.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    wps456 said:
    I buy sashimi grade Atlantic salmon, skin off from Sam's and take a filet knife and cut off the gray blood line prior to cooking (the dog loves that part!). For the glaze:
    1/4 cup maple syrup (the good stuff)
    2 T soy sauce
    1 clove garlic
    1/4 t garlic salt
    1/4 t ground ginger
    1/8 t black pepper
    Soak the cedar planks in water for as long as possible ahead of time. I'll cover the top with olive oil prior to putting salmon on, it makes clean-up easier so you can reuse the planks.
    I put the marinade in a gallon size ziploc bag with the salmon while the egg is heating up. Cook at about 400 til done (usually 12-15 minutes depending on thickness of salmon). It's one of my family's favorite meals, especially the kids!
    I need to try this. Have been meaning to try the sashimi grade salmon from Sam's but haven't got around to it yet. Sounds like its pretty good?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    No pics, so it obviously didn’t happen, but I did the APL beef tenderloin recipe.  Always great.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887

Ten pies in the Ooni.  We ate 5, and the kids took the rest of them back home. By the time I finished the last one, my wife had already finished all of the dishes while the boys played on their phone.  😐

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• 4TheGrillOfIt
    4TheGrillOfIt Posts: 741
    My son and his wife came over armed with gigantic rib eyes, potatoes, etc, and I “supervised” the grilling.  Like old times.  His mother loved it.  
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited May 2022
    When I cook, Wilma pulls together the sides.  This weekend I threw my back out wrestling with the John Deere mower deck trying to grease it and change the blades.  I was in some pain and not going to cook and Wilma had the day off.  So we got some teriyaki chicken takeout that wasn’t bad.  We’re doing our best to keep the local economy moving.
    Flint, Michigan
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,039
    Three racks of baby backs.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,510
    Two legs of lambs and 12 home made italian sausages.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!