Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

hows those gas prices

fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,670

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• poster
    poster Posts: 1,167
    Just went over $2.00/litre here!!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,944
    Ran to store real quick.  Gas jumped 31 cents over night.  3.98 to 4.29.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Wouldn’t know, all electric here.
  • fishlessman
    why do i think the govt will eventually find a way to get even more dollars from electrics than they do with gas taxes etc.  you might be avoiding whole states to avoid certain state taxes.......
    fukahwee maine

• Gulfcoastguy
    Already got a bill 2 months after I took a Texas toll road. I pay an extra $150 a year on my state tag. 
  • fishlessman
    Already got a bill 2 months after I took a Texas toll road. I pay an extra $150 a year on my state tag. 

eventually your car will rat you out when you cross borders and access your credit card and pay each state their road tax per mile but i think you have some time to enjoy the low costs now
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac

eventually your car will rat you out when you cross borders and access your credit card and pay each state their road tax per mile but i think you have some time to enjoy the low costs now
    What right do you have to all the fuel savings?  All your money is on loan from the Government.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,457
    poster said:
    For non canucks, that’s USD 5.91 a gal. OP’s price is a steal😀
    canuckland
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,167
    poster said:
    Where are you guys at? I know we are normally .10-.15 cents higher than the rest of Ontario, but this is unreal. $200 to fill up the truck with 87 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    It is interesting to see so many Republicans asking Biden to put a ban on importing Russian oil, knowing full well that this will only push gas prices even higher.  

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Canugghead
    poster said:
    poster said:
    Where are you guys at? I know we are normally .10-.15 cents higher than the rest of Ontario, but this is unreal. $200 to fill up the truck with 87 
    1.85, won’t be long before it hits 2.00 for 87
    canuckland
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Thanks Vlad!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Okay I still have gas buddy on my phone. The very cheapest price available is $3.49 but the average price for regular at a name brand station is about $3.69. That's with a major refinery 15 miles from my house and oil rigs about 10 miles offshore. Plus a low state fuel tax compared to most, hasn't been increased since 1987(not a good thing).
  • Canugghead
    poster said:
    Vancouver BC hit $2.10/litre yesterday, that’s USD $6.21/gal. Ouch!
    Speaking of BC, haven’t seen @Skiddymarker lately, hope he’s well.
    canuckland
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    “Only the poors have to worry about gas prices.”

-Lit, probably
    Las Vegas, NV

• JohnInCarolina

-Ton_Til, probably
    FTFY
  • Ozzie_Isaac

-Ton_Til, probably
    FTFY
    The dislikorons found the OT forum.
  • Canugghead

-Ton_Til, probably
    FTFY
    The dislikorons dislikowarts found the OT forum.
    FTFY
    canuckland
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Put gas in SWMBO's 4runner this morning, the cheapest I found was $3.99.
    LBGE
    AL
  • fishlessman
    well the good thing will be having the lake back to myself like the beginning of the pandemic, marina gas will top 10 bucks when they open in the spring. will be running the 6 hp and not the 115 hp
    fukahwee maine

• Gulfcoastguy

They will probably just access my iPhone and use my Apple Pay option. Can my state force strangers to pull over and buy gas here? It’s only 77 miles wide along I 10 so they usually keep going to Florida.
  • fishlessman
    they will tax you for everything

fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    Hang on now that the US will ban Russian crude although it is only a small percentage of our total consumption.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead

They will probably just access my iPhone and use my Apple Pay option. Can my state force strangers to pull over and buy gas here? It’s only 77 miles wide along I 10 so they usually keep going to Florida.
    Reminds me of this book I used years ago, IIRC it had a PSA on a small town that counts on speeding tickets issued to out of town motorists for a significant chunk of its revenue.

canuckland
  • Gulfcoastguy

Reminds me of this book I used years ago, IIRC it had a PSA on a small town that counts on speeding tickets issued to out of town motorists for a significant chunk of its revenue.

Sounds like Wilmer Alabama. AAA posted a speed trap alert about the town on US 98 . It got embarrassing enough that Alabama removed their ticket authority. They went bankrupt and had to unincorporate the town.
  • Canugghead
    edited March 2022
    Just heard about couple of gas and dash incidents. It's time to eliminate the post pay inside option here.
    canuckland
  • Gulfcoastguy
    It is interesting to see so many Republicans asking Biden to put a ban on importing Russian oil, knowing full well that this will only push gas prices even higher.  

Sometimes the rat sees the trap but the cheese smells soooo good! And the rat thinks that he is smarter and faster than all of the previous rats and the lady rat double dog dares him.
  • JohnInCarolina

Sometimes the rat sees the trap but the cheese smells soooo good! And the rat thinks that he is smarter and faster than all of the previous rats and the lady rat double dog dares him.
    I think he did the right thing, and knows full well what the response will be.  He deserves kudos for that.  
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,431
    Just heard about couple of gas and dash incidents. It's time to eliminate the post pay inside option here.
    Sadly, this is a very solid statement of the measures of civility between our two countries.  "Post pay inside" disappeared here years ago, even in somewhat-civilized utard.   :/  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure