Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peanuts in Coke?

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    @Ozzie_Isaac for the sake of the experience you should try it.  I have always liked coca-cola (now it's diet coke-save calories for the adult juice) and peanuts.  Once you surfaced this childhood treat , it was a no-brainer.  
    @Botch no issues with snagging the peanuts.  Of course I may have subconsciously dredged up a skill developed in my youth.   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Does anyone know of an ETF I can buy that specializes in Coke, peanuts, and styrofoam cups cuz this forum is about to make those stocks pop! 

@billt01 ?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Does anyone know of an ETF I can buy that specializes in Coke, peanuts, and styrofoam cups cuz this forum is about to make those stocks pop! 

@billt01 ?
    Try LittleRascal69

”I was in charge of buying peanuts and cokes for the state for 50 years and had a million really smart engineers working for me and invested all of my money in planters and coke and now I drive my little golf car all over the place for free and only pay cash for peanuts now.
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Some of you boys way over-complicate stuff.  Peanuts in a coke bottle.  AIN'T NOTHING WRONG WITH IT!!  I've been doing it for years.  The salt mixes well with the Coke, and the Coke quenches the thirst that the salt creates.  Quit over thinking it.
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia

@billt01 ?
    Try LittleRascal69

”I was in charge of buying peanuts and cokes for the state for 50 years and had a million really smart engineers working for me and invested all of my money in planters and coke and now I drive my little golf car all over the place for free and only pay cash for peanuts now.
    Carey…you are so frustrated…and your posts show how stupid you really are!  It’s so easy to get to you dumbass.

@billt01 ?
    Try LittleRascal69

Carey…you are so frustrated…and your posts show how stupid you really are!  It’s so easy to get to you dumbass.
     people who live in glass houses something something 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH said:
    Is this really a thing?  I have never seen or heard of this:
    In my neck of the woods it was a big thing in the early and mid 70’s. However it was Barqs root beer instead of Coke. 
    I expected this sentence to finish… “and anus instead of peanuts.”
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    peanuts and coke in the same cup is not allowed up here, im sure its part of the blue laws. dueling on the commons on sunday is fine, peanuts floating in coke, NOPE
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

@billt01 ?
    Try LittleRascal69

• So I tried this. Yep pretty much tastes like Coca Cola, with peanuts in it. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• fishlessman
    i remember when i was younger going into the old peoples bars and seeing them dump salt in a beer. remember thinking they needed to find a bar with better beer
    fukahwee maine

• i remember when i was younger going into the old peoples bars and seeing them dump salt in a beer. remember thinking they needed to find a bar with better beer
    Or just decent peanuts.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    But the increased nutritional value of the salt delivered by the peanuts.  Can't touch it!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    i remember when i was younger going into the old peoples bars and seeing them dump salt in a beer. remember thinking they needed to find a bar with better beer
    That was all the rage when we moved to Texas.  Everybody had shakers or little packets of Twang lemon or lemon-lime salt.  I think there was a spicy one too.  Always with bud light or something similar.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    We used to drop an olive into our beer in college, then watch it collect bubbles, float up, pop, and sink again (we didn't have intranetz).  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Botch said:
    We used to drop an olive into our beer in college, then watch it collect bubbles, float up, pop, and sink again (we didn't have intranetz).  
    We used to put jolly ranchers in our Zima.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

@billt01 ?
    Try LittleRascal69

So immature for a 57 year old.  Time to grow up little boy!
  • fishlessman
    edited February 2022
    Or just decent peanuts.

you could put the salt on the pickled eggs, just ask the old fart  bartender with the dirty shirt to fish one out of the 3 year old jar with his grubby hands. wow has life changed
    fukahwee maine

• Mark_B_Good
    Mark_B_Good Posts: 1,510
    Every since my wife's grandma fed me a banana-peanut butter-MAYO sandwich .... and I was like, say that again, you're putting MAYO and banana together???   .... then I tasted it and was like .... daaayyymmmm that tastes good. Every since that day ... I do not judge until I taste.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Botch said:
    We used to put jolly ranchers in our Zima.
    Same . . . what happened to Zima?
    I wish I could go back in time and smack myself for drinking that!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • fishlessman
    Every since my wife's grandma fed me a banana-peanut butter-MAYO sandwich .... and I was like, say that again, you're putting MAYO and banana together???   .... then I tasted it and was like .... daaayyymmmm that tastes good. Every since that day ... I do not judge until I taste.

here you go then. spam spread, goobers peanut butter and jelly, and miracle whip on an onion roll. the canned spam spread is hard to find in most stores and regular spam doesnt cut it
    fukahwee maine

• SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    I got baptized in this particular southern delicacy while visiting a friend in Alabama.  In addition to this, I had my first Moon Pie…all at a bar in Tuscaloosa.  
    I was instructed (aggressively) that I should have pronounced it “Peanuts and Co-Cola”

All this time I thought it was some type of hazing for northerners, like snipe hunting or something.  Nope, it’s a real thing. 

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    This thread is exactly as strange as it should be given the title.
  • fishlessman
    one of these eggs was pickled in peanuts and co cola....hopefully

Moes-Pickled-Eggs-One-e1492529802260

fukahwee maine

• littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited February 2022
    Worked in a power plant in 1978, and remember Penrose sausages.  You paid .25 for one, and put the money in a coffee can.  When the jar was empty, they boiled eggs & put in the brine.  And you paid .10 for a picked egg. 
    Cooked lots of hot dogs in the huge boilers.  And many peanut butter-banana sandwiches when on night shift.
    Have lots of good memories from the old steam generating plants back in those days.

• Worked in a power plant in 1978, and remember Penrose sausages.  You paid .25 for one, and put the money in a coffee can.  When the jar was empty, they boiled eggs & put in the brine.  And you paid .10 for a picked egg. 
    Cooked lots of hot dogs in the huge boilers.  And many peanut butter-banana sandwiches when on night shift.
    Have lots of good memories from the old steam generating plants back in those days.

Thank you for your service.
  • fiber_induced_deuce
    fiber_induced_deuce Posts: 270
    edited February 2022
    And bump.

Does anyone know of an ETF I can buy that specializes in Coke, peanuts, and styrofoam cups cuz this forum is about to make those stocks pop! 

@billt01 ?
    Try LittleRascal69

So immature for a 57 year old.  Time to grow up little boy!

• littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited February 2022
    fiber_induced_douche
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Easy gentleman, this is a serious thread.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Well, it is Friday…