Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butts 99 cents a pound

Options
At Rouse’s  for all of the Gulf Coasts shoppers.

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    “How about prime briskets?” - Lit, probably 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    While the carry regular briskets, they have been rather expensive for a while. I wasn't there  for meat. I was buying the ingredients for a German style Cole slaw, I bought a Guy Fierre (the DDD guy) book I closeout aisle of the book store. There was a coauthor so maybe it isn't any of his recipes.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    While the carry regular briskets, they have been rather expensive for a while. I wasn't there  for meat. I was buying the ingredients for a German style Cole slaw, I bought a Guy Fierre (the DDD guy) book I closeout aisle of the book store. There was a coauthor so maybe it isn't any of his recipes.
    I was mostly just joking.  I like to imagine Lit comes back here to lurk once in a while, maybe on leg days.  

But enough of that nonsense.  The German style cole slaw sounds interesting.  Mind sharing the recipe?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,304
    Options
    I was mostly just joking.  I like to imagine Lit comes back here to lurk once in a while, maybe on leg days.  

But enough of that nonsense.  The German style cole slaw sounds interesting.  Mind sharing the recipe?
    I knew you were, I was just playing the straight man role. I'll try it out and post it by this weekend. It is a part of his poboy recipe. Or at least the woman who gets coauthor credit. I had to locate apple cider vinegar, celery seeds, and caraway seeds. I am only using green cabbage instead of his recommended 3 to 1 ratio green and red. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
    Options
    99cents a pound could get pricey depending on your type.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    0.99/lb!?   Damn you Obummer!