Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Cutting Boards

Options
Several folks have inquired about buying cutting boards. If you are interested send me a PM and I’ll send some details. I am hanging shoulder surgery Friday so I likely won’t be able to late January at the earliest I’m thinking.

@thebuffalo If this isn’t allowed please delete.
MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
Southeastern CT. 

Comments

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    @CTMike I can’t figure out how to DM you on my phone but when you get a chance shoot me a message. I’d be interested in a couple boards. No rush. 
    Snellville, GA

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Message sent. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    @CTMike I can’t figure out how to DM you on my phone but when you get a chance shoot me a message. I’d be interested in a couple boards. No rush. 

Try clicking this icon if on android. 

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Thank you @kl8ton. Message sent. 
    Snellville, GA

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Several folks have asked about an 18 x 24 board. Please do yourself a favor and put an 18 x 24 piece of cardboard on your countertop and see if you actually want one that big. I’m all for making that size, but I’d hate for someone to be discouraged after getting one because it is too large. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    When I was making end grain boards, I had several requests for the 18 x 24 boards also.  But my plainer would only do 15” widths.  After they saw a 15 x 20 board in person, all agreed that was large enough for their counters or island. Some don’t realize how heavy a large board gets, especially with a dense wood like walnut and maple!  
  • Tip2Tip
    Tip2Tip Posts: 100
    Options
    CTMike said:
    Several folks have asked about an 18 x 24 board. Please do yourself a favor and put an 18 x 24 piece of cardboard on your countertop and see if you actually want one that big. I’m all for making that size, but I’d hate for someone to be discouraged after getting one because it is too large. 
    I have yet to meet a housewife who has been discouraged about getting something that was a lot larger than she was expecting.  
    California
  • jdMyers
    jdMyers Posts: 1,336
    Options
    Ctmike.did you get my vector b4 the break?  Myers.....
    Columbus, Ohio
  • CTMike
    Options
    jdMyers said:
    Ctmike.did you get my vector b4 the break?  Myers.....
    I'm not following what you're saying.

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • jdMyers
    jdMyers Posts: 1,336
    Options
    We talked before.  I emailed you a vector image before Thanksgiving.  Cow pig etc.  
    Columbus, Ohio
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,759
    Options
    Roger Roger.

And stop top calling me roger 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    What about Shirley?
  • CTMike
    Options
    jdMyers said:
    We talked before.  I emailed you a vector image before Thanksgiving.  Cow pig etc.  
    I apologize, I just looked and must’ve deleted it. Can you resend it?

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • MN-Egger
    MN-Egger Posts: 133
    Options
    I just bought a 18x24 from Boos in black walnut for the island. Gorgeous board but was the second one they had to send me as UPS ruined the first one. 
    --
    Jeff
    Near Twin Cities, MN
    Large BGE
  • Gravytrain84
    Options
    Post some pics of that bad boy if you can 
  • CTMike
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Nice looking board

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Gravytrain84
    Options
    Reallllll nice Clark 
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    MN-Egger said:
    I just bought a 18x24 from Boos in black walnut for the island. Gorgeous board but was the second one they had to send me as UPS ruined the first one. 
    I had had a LOT of problems with UPS lately.  I just filed a $400 insurance claim on a damaged shipment (fully insured) that I made.  They have denied the claim, saying it wasn’t packed well enough.  I’m now screwed, but won’t use UPS anymore. Man I shipped a lot of stuff thru the UPS store down the street, but no more!
  • JonWesson
    JonWesson Posts: 161
    edited December 2021
    Options
    MN-Egger said:
    I had had a LOT of problems with UPS lately.  I just filed a $400 insurance claim on a damaged shipment (fully insured) that I made.  They have denied the claim, saying it wasn’t packed well enough.  I’m now screwed, but won’t use UPS anymore. Man I shipped a lot of stuff thru the UPS store down the street, but no more!

karmas charlie karma.      you make posting on bob dole and positives of him and bragging you met him and having home near him.      than make yous forum pic the dumb brandon hat.         you learn exactly zero from respectible mr. dole.    you not close by to him you million miles away.
    hat should nots be let's go brandon.   should be lets go brandon.       get refund on hat dummy
    large small and mini all in legal proceedings but i can use them for now no more, all gone                                                                                                                        usa somewhere on the road
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    JonWesson said:
    MN-Egger said:

karmas charlie karma.      you make posting on bob dole and positives of him and bragging you met him and having home near him.      than make yous forum pic the dumb brandon hat.         you learn exactly zero from respectible mr. dole.    you not close by to him you million miles away.
    hat should nots be let's go brandon.   should be lets go brandon.       get refund on hat dummy
    Do you really need to shi t on this thread? You let this guy get to you way too easily. 
    Snellville, GA

• littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Good call John.  Carey couldn’t help himself and used his troll account ( IP address comes back to a ISP in New Orleans).
    Guess he didn’t realize that cap was a present from my son.  My son is Brandon, and a attorney in Wichita KS.  He works for the largest law firm in the state, and sent me the cap and shirt for my birthday.  It’s a “private” joke between father & son.  
    Carey….chill out…you and your troll look like fools on your post but Carey on! 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Good call John.  Carey couldn’t help himself and used his troll account ( IP address comes back to a ISP in New Orleans).
    Guess he didn’t realize that cap was a present from my son.  My son is Brandon, and a attorney in Wichita KS.  He works for the largest law firm in the state, and sent me the cap and shirt for my birthday.  It’s a “private” joke between father & son.  
    Carey….chill out…you and your troll look like fools on your post but Carey on! 
    Seems par for the course you get this wrong.  

PS, I'm in Texas, dumbass.
    My Homeland Security data base still shows you and Bridget in New Orleans, and not Texas?  😞 my bad!
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Mike- one of my walnut,maple, and cherry boards…that my wife won’t use….she didn’t want to scratch it. LOL
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    LOL
    Options
    MN-Egger said:
    Holy cow, it would take some real effort to damage a big, heavy cutting board.