Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grill gun

Options
Hey eggers I’m thinking about upgrading to a grill gun, just can’t decide whether I should get the one with the longer barrel or shorter one? Anybody have any insight into this topic? Thanks kurys

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I would get one of each so whatever scenario that you listed and what-have-you will be covered.  Too bad they don't make the medium, that might just be the goldilocks-hybrid-perfect-compromise that everyone needs.

Now....what are they? =)
    Options
    I tend to be defensive so I just use my Glock 43, sometimes my 19 as a grill gun. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    Options
    $45 weed burner from Home Depot that hooks up to a propane tank will accomplish the same thing.  Definitely does look GrillGun cool, but works just as well.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Mr1egg
    Mr1egg Posts: 368
    Options
    Nobody likes the grill gun eh, small convenient and looks great. I use a eggnighter but am getting kinda bored. And I heard they break after a year. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Have you considered a flamethrower from the ironically named Boring company?

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • 4TheGrillOfIt
    Options
    They look cool to me.  You need to pull the trigger, so to speak, and report back to us. 
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Get the big one and report to us a review so we can all buy them or let your purchase be a public warning and PSA to all who mine this forum.
    edited November 2021
    Options
    From experience of various forms of torches.  Example jjgeorge grill Torch.  Map gas Torch etc. Even tho they are small still tough to store.  Lighting the wood fired pizza oven any longer than 21 inch isn't comfortable.  Can't really prop it on anything.  Fat end or nositle end doesn't make flame any larger or longer or bigger.  Pressure out the can is pressure out the can.  I do like the built in ignitor on jj George.  That's a real plus.  Bigger flame would mean more spark on the coals.  That pops and floats everywhere.  Anyway good hunting.  If it is a wider output flame think about your seals.  
    Columbus, Ohio
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    Options
    Did you wind up getting a grill gun?  I recently found myself in the market for a smaller form factor propane torch instead of my 20lb tank and weed burner.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Mr1egg
    Mr1egg Posts: 368
    Options
    I never pulled the trigger but I still want one, my friend has one and swears by it. I believe that it’s the best and fastest way to get a nice bed of coals but it’s hard spending that much money when I have a eggnighter that works pretty good. 
  • MediumRarely
    Options
    Old school. Just a Benzo TS8000 + 3 ft. hose + can of MAPP. If it ain't broke...

Always act so that you can tell the truth about how you act.

• jrbKC
    jrbKC Posts: 1
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Bernzomatic BZ4500HS - it’s the TS8000 but with a wide tip/larger flame