Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meater+ Flash Sale

Options
FYI

Large and Small BGE
Central, IL

Comments

• MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,373
    Options
    Not a bad price.
    I gave $258 +18.92 tax, 276.92 total for the block from Amazon.
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    Yes sir, mine has been ordered.   Neighbor has one for use in his stick burner and loves it.   Why not give it a go...
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,338
    Options
    Dammit.....Do I really need this? Hmm....
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Its actually cheaper when you go to amazon and had 1 day shipping. I got one.
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    Just an FYI for anyone that grabbed this deal, I received mine Saturday and paired it.   Today I'm doing a butt so when I took it out and opened the app it told me it needs a software update that takes 8-10 mins.    Not a big deal but wanted to let folks know.
  • Lit
    Options
    Just an FYI for anyone that grabbed this deal, I received mine Saturday and paired it.   Today I'm doing a butt so when I took it out and opened the app it told me it needs a software update that takes 8-10 mins.    Not a big deal but wanted to let folks know.
    I used mine yesterday and it didnt update. Really like it but I had to keep the wooden charger box right next to my grill or it would lose connection. I was cooking in my PK which is thick aluminum so that may have been why.
  • 4TheGrillOfIt
    4TheGrillOfIt Posts: 741
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Got mine Saturday too, but haven’t used it yet.  Thought I would today, but ended up using my controller.  I look at the drawer I have full of all these meat probes/thermometers and think, that used to be money.  🥴

btw, they are back to 100 bucks.
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Lit said:
    I used mine yesterday and it didnt update. Really like it but I had to keep the wooden charger box right next to my grill or it would lose connection. I was cooking in my PK which is thick aluminum so that may have been why.
    Interesting.  I can go up to about 30-40 feet with mine and it's fine.  If I through my protein in my cast iron DO the block does need to be significantly closer.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• TechsasJim
    Options
    Lit said:
    Maybe that's what the update's for?    No clue at all, but I went a decent ways away from mine...probably 150' and it was solid.    I do have the repeater box about 10' away from the probe, albeit in the wrong direction from where I went.

I like seeing the algorithm get a work out, my times were all over the place until it really locked in.   Good thing I'm on an 8hr smoke.
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Anyone having trouble getting the MEATER box to pair with the probe? I only get a blinking red light. 
    Snellville, GA

• Lit
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Anyone having trouble getting the MEATER box to pair with the probe? I only get a blinking red light. 
    You have to let it charge for 4 hours first. I had the same issue then read the instructions.
  • Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    @Lit gotcha. I thought that could be the issue after reading instructions but the battery thing showed full. I will let it charge for 4 hours and give it another shot. Thanks for the heads up. 
    Snellville, GA

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Well I let it charge a few hours and it’s connecting now with no issues. User error is par.
    Snellville, GA

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,042
    Options
    I really like my Meater+.  One of the few items I have purchased that surpassed my expectations.  It is not without its quirks, but overall it lived up to the hype.  (Except range, I have to be careful where I put the wooden box).
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,373
    Options
    I keep the box by the grills when in use.  The meater cloud relays to my phone, thanks to good wifi I stay connected no matter where I go in the house 

Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    Anyone else having trouble charging their Meater +?   I've used mine 3x in the short time I've had it but when I went to use it last night for a beer can chicken the app told me it wasn't charged.    Weird, hard to screw up how you seat it back in the wood box.    

For grins, just now, I pulled it out and it's fully charged.   Not sure what to think, it's not a battery issue since it's charged now and  I clean the probe well after every use so there is no issue with residue.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,042
    Options
    Anyone else having trouble charging their Meater +?   I've used mine 3x in the short time I've had it but when I went to use it last night for a beer can chicken the app told me it wasn't charged.    Weird, hard to screw up how you seat it back in the wood box.    

For grins, just now, I pulled it out and it's fully charged.   Not sure what to think, it's not a battery issue since it's charged now and  I clean the probe well after every use so there is no issue with residue.
    You need to scrub the flat metal end.  It will get covered in smoke residue and not charge well.  I use a scotch brite pad.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • TechsasJim
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac

Awesome, thanks for the tip, will do moving forward!
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Agree with Ozzie. It’s important to keep the top clean. Scotch bright and some Dawn and you are good to go. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL