Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Norah’s latest cook.

Options
We were supposed to compete today, but for a verity of reasons we canceled…Norah was mildly disappointed, as one of her favorite BBQ Celebrities  was judging the event (Diva Q).  So to the store we went to get a few items for her to make for tonight’s dinner.  

Pork Tenderloin seasoned with Dizzy Pig SPG. Mexican Street corn and herb roasted potatoes for the sides.   Here are a few pictures of her efforts.   

On a side note, it’s nice to see her smile and enjoy spending a little time with me. 
XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    ryantt said:

On a side note, it’s nice to see her smile and enjoy spending a little time with me. 
    That ^^^^^^ is priceless my friend. On a separate note, outstanding looking grub as well. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    edited September 2021
    Options
    very nice looking vittles!
    How old is she now?
    How was the Mexican Street corn prepped and cooked?

aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @loco_engr grilled the corn directly on the egg.  Seasoned with Dizzy Pig SPG and Molé.  Once the corn was done, it was slathered with Mayo (Dukes), habanero hot sauce, Cotija cheese and more SPG.  

Hard to believe Norah Grace is 12…

• BigreenGreg
    Options
    Hope to see her on Food network someday 
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • 2BAMBAM4
    Options
    @ryantt looking good on the cook.   What advice does Norah Grace have for new Eggers?  I can use all the tips and tricks anyone will share!
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    @2BAMBAM4 lots of smart guys on here that can give you advice and help you along the way.  Best advise is to learn to control the temperature.  I know that’s a kind of generic answer, but fire management is the key to a good cook.   Buy lots of meat and have a blast!! If you’re ever stuck, give me a call or text.  Norah Grace and I are always happy to help out.   My cell is 330-806-3404  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    This post is a big positive on this day.  Congrats to Norah Grace for moving right past the disappointment and then cranking out a great cook.  The talent level keeps improving and impressing.  Many thanks to you both for the cook and post.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    This post is a big positive on this day.  Congrats to Norah Grace for moving right past the disappointment and then cranking out a great cook.  The talent level keeps improving and impressing.  Many thanks to you both for the cook and post.  
    ^^^^^^
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • 2BAMBAM4
    Options
    ryantt said:
    @2BAMBAM4 lots of smart guys on here that can give you advice and help you along the way.  Best advise is to learn to control the temperature.  I know that’s a kind of generic answer, but fire management is the key to a good cook.   Buy lots of meat and have a blast!! If you’re ever stuck, give me a call or text.  Norah Grace and I are always happy to help out.   My cell is 330-806-3404  

Very generous of you!