Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

STCG Chicken Enchiladas with Chorizo Cream

Options
dmourati
dmourati Posts: 1,268
edited August 2021 in EggHead Forum
Come for the Chicken Enchiladas but definitely stay for the Chorizo Cream. 

We hosted my Mom and my younger brother at our house earlier this month. I cooked up an absolute storm. We were mostly around the house for the whole week and I felt obligated to feed everyone really well. I made dinner every night but my brother wanted to pair up on a Sam the Cooking Guy (STCG) Chicken Enchilada dish he had made before.

His pitch to me was: "if you can roast a chicken, I can make these awesome enchiladas." I was game for that and have roasted many a chicken. It also so happened I had Hatch Chile powder on hand, and had recently made a salsa verde so we were in good shape. 

The star of the recipe is the Chorizo Cream. I mean, come on! You take a package of raw chorizo, cook it as normal, then add in a cup or more of heavy cream. Cook these two down and simmer. This sauce makes an amazing extra flavor boost for the enchiladas.

I made the chicken yesterday (spatchcocked with Hatch Chile powder) and the enchiladas tonight and am already thinking about lunch tomorrow with the leftovers.

Some pics:

Here's the recipe:

https://www.thecookingguy.com/stcg-online-stcgo-episodes/2017/11/6/chicken-enchiladas-episode

Anyone else seen/tried this?

Mountain View, CA

Comments